Yangtze Cruise - Upgrade

Nov 16th, 2005, 07:02 AM
Original Poster

Yangtze Cruise - Upgrade

I am considering a PDT with a Yangtze cruise, is the standard cabin livable for three nights or should I pay $980 to upgrade the room to a jr suite, giving me 327 sq ft, rather than 206 sq ft.
Cindy
Nov 16th, 2005, 08:47 AM

Don't know what a PDT is or what cruise line you're on. We were able to upgrade onboard the Victoria boat for considerably less than the preboarding upgrade fare.
Nov 16th, 2005, 11:16 AM
Original Poster

PDT is a Pacific Delight Tour, with the Victoria line, maybe we should wait to see if we want to upgrade.
Thanks for your help.
Cindy
Nov 19th, 2005, 06:10 AM
Jed

The standard cabin on the Victoria (we were on V2) is livable. It is larger than some of the 'standard' cabins on other Yangtze ships.

However, some suites were available on our ship and were selling at half price. Some people knew that this was a possibility, and rushed on first to get them. So if that interests you, try to get on ahead of others and see if they are available.

We would have taken it, but by the time we realized what was happening, they were sold.
Nov 29th, 2005, 11:55 AM

We booked PDT for US departure of June 6 and did the upgrade. According to PDT, the cruise ship being used at that time is Anna, new spring of 2006. Do a search of Victoria Cruises on the internet and you can see a plan of that boat. It has a few more suites and in better locations on the ship. It also has an elevator - which the old boats don't have.

Linda