Search

Xian Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 10:07 PM
Mike

Xian Hotel

Can anyone recommend a small local hotel in Xian that is centrally located. A 2-3 star hotel that has hot water most of the time and air conditioning is fine. Also if anyone can recommend a tour guide that speaks English it would be appreciated.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 03:51 AM
daniel

Bonjour Mike.<BR>The LP guide will give you much infos on hotel in Xian.Personnally I went to the Bell Tower hotel wich is more like a 4 star for about 45$(us)a night. This hotel is very well located. Also in the hotel there was, in april 2002, a travel agency "the golden bridge travel agency" that gave us very good service for planning a few cities ahead.<BR>Daniel

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 06:24 AM
Sandy

Hi Mike,<BR><BR>We just returned last week from 3 weeks in China. In Xian, we stayed at the City Hotel, 70 Nan Da Jie. This is a 3-star hotel about a block from the Bell Tower and about 1/2 a block from the Bell Tower Hotel (it was full when we went).<BR><BR>Our room was a good size, had twin beds, color tv w/remote, full bath, phone, a/c, hot water 24/7, coffee/tea service, there is an elevator and restaurant. It was great and very clean and was only $30 and they accepted credit cards with no surcharge.<BR><BR>We booked this at a discount from the CAAC. The tourist information booth at the airport will show you where to catch the bus into town. The bus lets you off at the CAAC office. There, we booked our hotel, booked a one-day tour, and bought discounted air tickets on to Guilin. The staff spoke English and were very nice and helpful. They even furnished free transportation to our hotel.<BR><BR>I probably have a picture of our room and I can send it you to if you'll write me at the above address . . . just omit the nospam part.<BR><BR>Have a great time in Xian . . . and if you need an ATM, the Bank of China next door to the Royal Xian Hotel has one.<BR><BR>If you want great pizza, the Pizza Bar (near the Royal Xian Hotel) had some of the best we've ever had . . . anywhere!<BR><BR>Just don't eat at the TaiBei Steakhouse or the Star Garden . . . both bad.<BR><BR>We loved Xian!<BR>Sandy

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 08:32 AM
Juan

would love to see a photo of the hotel! Thanks.

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 09:48 PM
xxx

The Bell Tower Hotel - a 4 star - NOT! I stayed there and we didn't have hot water but a few hours each day. The beds were hard as a rock (though that's pretty typical in China). None of the staff spoke English. I would never recommend the place.