Wish we were in Cambridge

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15th, 2005, 05:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just want to wish all the regulars on this site a great share time this weekend. I wish we were there to put faces to words and travel stories we've read for the past 4 years. We so much enjoy and appreciate reading your postings and scribbling down great ideas you give us.
joyce and don
Old Oct 15th, 2005, 05:35 AM

I also wish I were there and hope you all have a great time!
Old Oct 15th, 2005, 06:16 AM
CFW

Hope you have a great time! Wish we could have joined you. We're in Connecticut, not that far from Cambridge, but hubby is having severe back problems and at this point he's limiting driving and working on trying to get well enough so we can keep traveling -- and go back to Thailand again next November. Can't wait to get a "trip report" on the GTG. Bob, I know you'll fill us in on all the details!
Old Oct 15th, 2005, 06:32 AM

i'm going on a road trip myself on sunday so will only have a short report before i go away..others will contribute i am sure...i will have tons of pics also, as will others, but they may not be available until after oct 24...

its pouring here today as it has all week and will continue through tomorrow at least...we never have this much rain...looking forward to meeting and greeting carol, brad, guen, kishore, don and others who we have not met before and the returnees as well...it should be warm and fun at the hotel...guen has already told us she likes the hotel...she had a volunteery bump by delta yesterday so she has $400 she wants to share with us all....what shall WE do with it...?? where shall WE go???
Old Oct 15th, 2005, 07:12 AM

We wish you all were here. It might be logistically challenging, but well worth it. It must be KILLING Bob that everyone is wishing they were in Cambridge, my Fair City. No one has ever wished they were in Needham. Never.
Old Oct 15th, 2005, 07:44 AM

yah, cant wait for the pics...

I hope simpson used photoshop to touche up the pic she took of me and nampuang.

Old Oct 15th, 2005, 10:00 AM

Me, too, I'm wishing you a Great GTG!

The wonderful spirit of camaraderie on this board is exceeded only by the awesome knowledge of its contributors!

Have a terrific GTG!
Old Oct 15th, 2005, 11:52 AM

I'm sure you are all having a great time together. I'm with you in spirit, and eagerly awaiting the "trip" report!
Old Oct 15th, 2005, 05:04 PM

I'm waiting anxiously for the announcements of the winners of the show and tell etc. We all need a good report of everyones behaviour although I don't want anyone sued for libel - although maybe Gpanda could use some fees!

Hope you all have the very best of times.

Regards,
Mary
Old Oct 15th, 2005, 07:06 PM

Hello all,
Son and I have just finally returned to our hotel room after the most wonderful day here in Cambridge. The rain did not dampen anyone's spirit, even though it continued throughout the day. We had a delightful time at noonish meeting one another and sharing travel stories. I took photos but I'll have to get some advice on just how and where to post them so everyone can have a look.

I'm afraid I did not get around to meeting everyone at the other two tables. There were just under 30 of us in attendance. Bob and Andy kept everything lively with their (usual) bantering, as you might imagine.

The "winning" show and tell (though there was not a contest) would have to be Laurie's leech socks! But we saw a number of interesting things, like Karen's cute flip flops and a gong that I think was Andy's. Rizzuto had some fabulous animal photography from his recent visit to S. Africa! Awesome photos!

I'm sure everyone had a great time. I, for one, look forward to the next BOS GTG and am already pressuring Bob as to just how often these are held and when the next one might be. Sona dn I will be here!!

Guenmai was sitting at another table but we did manage a warm hello hug. It's as if we are already all friends. What a wonderful group of people! Guenmai, next time we'll try to sit at the same table so we can share travel stories.

I'm sure Andy and Bob and Laurie and Craig and Guenmai and others will be posting their reflections on the day. I'm so happy I could be there. Son, who does not post here (yet) enjoyed himself very much, also.

Carol

(PS Thanks to Bob and Karen for the afternoon tour of Boston and thanks to Andy for organizing the follow-up dinner at Dok Boa, which was great!)
Old Oct 16th, 2005, 04:00 AM

It was nice to meet you and your son Brad (maybe he will become a frequent poster as well). I enjoyed seeing the photos on your laptap - Orgy included. Looking forward to future Bangkok restaurant recommendations. Sorry we could not stay for the dinner at Dok Bua.