Reload this Page >

Where should I spend my 50th birthday?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 1999, 04:33 PM
anne

<BR>Please give me some suggestions about places to visit for my 50th birthday. I'm interested in doing something truly spectacular to celebrate. I'll be traveling in June and will have 1-2 weeks to travel. I need help as June will be here any minute!

Old May 6th, 1999, 02:52 PM
Emily

I want to spend mine in Sabah, Malaysia at the Tanjung Aru Beach Resort in Kota Kinabalu. You can find out more about them by logging onto www.shangri-la.com.

Old May 7th, 1999, 06:26 AM
toom

If you are going to asia for your birthday party, I would suggest you to check about the Haze conditions for SE asia. I have read the newspaper about the recurrence of Haze from Indonesia, and it affects Malaysia, and undoubtfully Singapore.

Old Dec 20th, 2001, 12:06 PM
Chris

I know this is the Asia board but I would have to say Chobe Park in Botswanna is where you want to be sunrise hot air ballon ride over Victoria Falls.<BR><BR>Suset river cruise on the Chobe River - perhaps some warthog steak, impala and some S. African wine. <BR><BR>If you've never been to Africa Northern Botswanna is one of the best places on earth. <BR><BR>

Old Dec 20th, 2001, 11:15 PM
ann

Go for India and or Nepal. It is truly exotic there...as for June you should try out a good spa in Rishikesh maybe<BR><BR>Ann

Old Dec 22nd, 2001, 05:01 AM
El

<BR>Hello Anne:<BR><BR>I know that this place is not in Asia<BR>but I would say Paris.<BR> <BR> El

Old Dec 22nd, 2001, 05:34 AM
Jean

I would say Thailand - start with Ao Nang for wonderful sea canoeing and adventure, and finish with Chiangmai - for the shopping - 50th birthday needs some special presents. Anywhere overseas needs minimum of two weeks.

Old Dec 23rd, 2001, 12:50 AM
Kathie

What do you want for your birthday, pampering or adventure?<BR><BR>For pampering, I'd recommend the Anantara Resort and Spa in Hua Hin, Thailand. Book yourself a spa package and luxuriate! I'd recommend booking a lagoon room - the deluxe are stunning.<BR><BR>For adventure, how about a trip to the temples at Angkor in Cambodia?<BR><BR>The problem with both recommendations may be weather. I always travel to Asia in Novemeber-December-January.

Old Dec 23rd, 2001, 04:44 PM
Al

Agree that Angkor Wat is spectacular, but in June it is hot as blazes with plenty of rain. Had you considered going to Machu Picchu in Peru? Quite possibly the pinnacle of our many years of world travel.

Old Dec 29th, 2001, 09:18 PM
billy

I know this board is about Asia, but I recommend a fancy suite at a cheap local motel.

Old Dec 30th, 2001, 09:40 AM
fiona

aren't the suggestions 2 and a half years too late??!!!

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 10:18 AM
ART

PARIS , PARIS , PARIS IT IS A GREAT CITY, NEVER HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE WITH FRENCH PEOPLE, I'M 64 AND VISITED PARIS TWICE LAST YEAR. WILL GO AGAIN SOON!

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 10:30 PM
your neighbor

Why not spend the anniversary at my place?

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:37 PM
Hersh

I am taking an around the world trip and I am going to do it in 50 days. To bad you do not have more time. Thailand is definitely on the agenda.

Old Jan 29th, 2003, 06:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Book yourself a package at Aleenta in Pranburi and get pampered at the spa there. Have a cocktail and then lounge at the pool. Play a round of golf before lunch...heaven
Old Jan 29th, 2003, 10:04 AM

I'd recommend the Kata Thai or Meriedien on Phuket, great accommodation and lots to do to celebrate in style.
Old Jan 29th, 2003, 10:51 AM

Before you post look at the date, Anne's now heading for birthday number 54th.