What's the weather like in Bali in December

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Planning a trip to Bali in December? Should I be concerned about the weather/ rain??????
Old Sep 11th, 2007, 01:31 AM

It's definitely one of the rainier months, but only you can tell whether this should concern you. It can be quite overcast rather than rainy, which can affect snorkeling and diving a good bit, but otherwise should not really affect your ability to enjoy the island. The rain can actually be fun, it certainly makes the island even greener, and you can hack off a giant banana leaf and use it as an umbrella. If you are planning to come to Bali to lie in the sun on the beach well...first of all you should go to another island as IMO that is not at all what Bali is about...secondly, you might want to rethink doing it in December. Seriously, if the purpose of the trip is for diving or serious snorkeling, I would not go during the monsoon months like December, but otherwise if December is the month that works best for you, I would not worry too much about it.

If your trip is over Christmas that is going to be a bit of high season so you will pay higher prices at hotels and for transport, so if you don't have to go then you might want to wait for a drier (cheaper) time.

For historical rainfall and temps, go to weatherbase.com.
Old Sep 11th, 2007, 05:40 AM

Cicerone is quite right about the rain. I've been to Bali in December a couple of times. We had dramatic rainstorms, mostly at night. It really didn't impair our enjoyment of Bali at all, but it does depend on what you plan to do.
Old Sep 11th, 2007, 05:04 PM

I've been there a few times in December also. The rain is heavy, but usually short. More bothersome is the heat when it's not raining. Also, in the last couple of years, there has been an increase in high winds hitting the southwest coast (Kuta/Legian area). The blowing sand can be particularly unpleasant.
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 04:47 PM

I've been there in December and it rained, but it didn't keep me from doing what I wanted to do. Some of the rain was tropical downpours, but it usually didn't last that long...just take cover and wait until it stops or take an umbrella. Happy Travels!
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Original Poster

thanks for your advice & help!!!!