Weather November in Asia

Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 02:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weather November in Asia

Looking for a place to honeymoon in November where the weather will be nice enough to include a beach resort at the end....ideally would like to go to Vietnam and Thailand but am open to any suggestions
Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 04:22 PM

We've been to Thailand five times in late November. The weather was perfect at the beach, Phuket and Krabi each time. The rainy season swithces from West to east at the end of October. The beaches you want are on the Andaman Sea, Phuket, Krabi, Khao Lak and Ko Phi Phi.

Make sure you spoend a good amount of time in Bangkok. It's a wonderful city. A typical two week vacation is:

BKK
Northern Thailand
Beach
BKK

There is a daily Chiang Mai to Phuket direct flight on Thai Air that skips going through BKK.
Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 06:45 PM

I just left Bangkok today, and I found November weather to be really nice. Sure, it was quite hot in the daytime, but not nearly as sticky as it is the monsoon months. The evening (of Loy Kratong) was gorgeous! No complaints about November weather in Bangkok, from my own perspective.

Carol
Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 08:27 PM
Original Poster

Thank you both...I'm feeling a little better about this now. I guess I just have to be aware of not making plans to go to Eastern Thailand.

How cold is the weather in Northern Thailand in November?
Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 09:42 PM

To hear Thais talk, it might as well be the Artic Circle, and they are predicting 6.5 C at the top of Doi Inthanon tonight. But, in the cities, etc. it rarely drops below 20 C at night, and that's not until December. You *might* want a sweater at night in the north, nothing more.