Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Weather in Northern Vietnam in November?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone give me an accurate description of the weather in Vietnam Nov 17th - Dec 1st? I have read travel books, and checked out weatherbase.com and weather.com, but recently a friend told me it will much much warmer than what I read. She was there in Oct and said it was over 90 degrees, and very hot. I realize I will be there a month later, so I thought it would cool down a lot especially in the nornthern parts - Hanoi and the northern coutnryside. I read 70-80 degrees, and pictured cool mornings/evenings like I experienced in Chaing Mai, Thailand (I also was there in Nov two years ago)

Any feedback on this?
Old Sep 9th, 2007, 04:04 PM

I was in Hanoi in November, and it was mid-upper 70s during the day, cool at night. It will be considerably cooler in Sapa. That temperature feels cool to me in SE Asia, as it's much cooler than Bangkok, for instance.

It is warmer in Hanoi in October. Remember the data on the weatherbases gives you averages. Any place can have a spell of unseasonably warm or cool weather.
Old Sep 9th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Kathie! You are a wealth of knowledge.

I don't suppose you used a travel company called Enthic Travel? I just posted the question on here. I see Julies did but they ended up outsourcing it since she went further out of their area.
Old Sep 9th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Original Poster

That brings me to another question...how bad were the mosquitos in November? If that weather is not that hot, and cooler at night, I was anticipating they would not be so bad. Any experience with these little devils? Im going on a 5 day tour to the northern countryside and wondering how bad they will be when i'm walking/cycling and in the evening when we stay in stilt houses (homestay).
Old Sep 9th, 2007, 06:04 PM

No, I was traveling independently, so know nothing about that tour company. We spent most of our time in the city - and I don't remember any mosquitoes in Hanoi. We spent just one day in the countryside and we weren't bothered by mosquitoes there either. But I'd come prepared just in case.