Search

Vist for PNG

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24th, 2008, 07:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vist for PNG

Would anyone recommend waiting until we get to Port Moresby to get our tourist visa? We can get it here in the USA by using one of the companies that do that for a fee, but we do hate sending our passports away (though we have done it for other countries--and are always nervous until they arrive back).

I'm also going to post this to the Australian forum.
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Original Poster

Sorry about the double posting--trying to correct my typo in the message header.
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 07:59 AM

I always hate sending my passport off also. For my upcoming trip to New Guinea it was a group application through an agency. My passport was gone 2 months. Probably would have been quicker doing it on my own. Do check out www.pngembassy.org/migration. You will find the information there as to what you are required to do.
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 08:33 AM

The above link does not work. Try:

http://www.pngembassy.org/migration.html

We are considering going to PNG in a little over a year from now. The travel company we will probably use says visas are available on arrival but it does slow down the immigration process. Also, if you are staying in Australia for any length of time (other than in a transit lounge), you must apply for an Australian visa before you go.
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 09:09 AM

We got our PNG Visas using a "Visa Expiditing Service" located in Texas (Houston, I believe). It took about a week.

Regarding Craig's comment about an Australian Visa - you can apply for that electronically on-line (see the Austrailian Visa Website). The form takes a only a few minutes to complete, you pay by credit card and the "visa" is filed electronically in the immigration computers so when you arrive in Austrailia all the Immigration office has to do is scan your passport and the information is "all there". The system works like a charm.
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, everyone. I did apply electronically on the Australian visa website. It was so quick and easy. What a wonderful way of doing this.