Search

Visa to Nepal

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26th, 2001, 10:45 AM
Shelley

Visa to Nepal

I live in NYC and need to find an embassy where I can get a visa to Nepal. The number I got off the Internet is no longer in service and 411 doesn't have a number.

Old Sep 26th, 2001, 10:58 AM
Kathie

Shelly, I got my visa at the airport in Kathmandu. The Nepalese consulate in Washington, DC was the only place to get a visa in the US, and it had a reputation for holding on to passports for a very long time. So I chose instead to stand in line at the airport. This was a few years ago - anyone have a different experience?

Old Sep 26th, 2001, 11:05 AM
stephaine

shelly,

Old Sep 26th, 2001, 11:08 AM
stephaine

shelly <BR>I was in Nepal last year I got my visa here in the States. I dont recall that I took long at all. If you give me a day or too I'll speak with the person I traveled with they were in chrge of visas.

Old Sep 26th, 2001, 11:14 AM
stephaine

shelly, <BR>I really do know how to spell!!!

Old Sep 26th, 2001, 12:10 PM
Shelley

Thanks Stephanie I would appreciate if you could find that out for me. I have heard people who do this in Bangkok but it takes about a week or so.

Old Sep 26th, 2001, 10:02 PM
john g

I just returned from Nepal in May. Yes, you can get a visa at the airport in Kathmandu. You might have to stand in line, however. If you are traveling with a group and you are in a hurry and don't want others having to wait around for you I wouldn't get my visa at the airport. I am almost positive there is a Nepalese website that gives you directions on obtaining a visa. I know you have to leave your visa overnight at the consulate if you drop it off yourself. I am almost positive the fee is $30. I used Ziegler Visa Service myself. I think they have an office in NYC. It was very expensive, though, because I had to pay a "rush" fee.

Old Oct 1st, 2001, 02:44 AM
pat

Shelley <BR>I cannot agree with you on the duration for visa at the embassy in bangkok, normally it takes 3 days, however, you can pay more to get it same day! It is better you get it before arrival at KTM airport.

Old Oct 1st, 2001, 10:35 PM
Lynn

I recently got our Visas from the embassy in Washington. Got the address from the Nepal web site. I enclosed a self-addressed certified envelope with our passports. They were returned with the visas within a week. The cost was $30 each--about half of what the tour company would have charged.

Old Feb 14th, 2002, 05:10 AM
francois

NYC has an Nepal office where you can get a VISA. It is located at 820 Second avenue, Room 17B. It is between 43/44th street. You drop your passport with the application (and 30 bucks) and you pick it up the next day. Quick and easy.