Ve

Mar 27th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Original Poster

Ve

we will be flying into bangkok and than plan on flying to Beijing. We wanted to fly and visit Phnom Penh, Luang Prabang and then Hanoi. We went on expedia and they were able to route us using Bangkok air, Vietnam air and finally China Southern air. The problem to us was the fare. It came to about $1100.00 each. I was wondering if anyone knows of an airline or country pass that for one fee one can take a certain amount of flights.

Mar 27th, 2007, 06:02 PM

gzzer - try this website listing the airpasses available out there. www.airtimetable.com/airpass_asia.htm.

We did the BKK-HAN-LPQ route last year. We stopped over in Vientiane. We flew Vietnam Air to Vientiane, then changed to Lao Air for our flight to LP.

I know that Bangkok Air has a Discovery Pass but their routes don't include Hanoi. Maybe buy the Discovery Pass, then use VietNam or Lao Air in between? Also, always use travel agents in Thailand, instead of Expedia as it is more cost effective. Do a search on former posts to get some agents recommended by some of the posters.

Mar 27th, 2007, 06:22 PM

I find Expedia to be quite expensive. I don't know of any airpass that would cover all of those places.

I use Eddie at the AmEx agency in Bangkok
[email protected]

Tell him EXACTLY what you want - lowest fare? fully refundable fare? are you flexible on day/time/order of stops? Are you willing to fly budget airlines?

Frankly, your itinerary is such that I expect it will be expensive.
Mar 27th, 2007, 07:38 PM

if you are coming from usa or canada i find that to be a very inexpensive fare...

bkk alone would cost that much rt.....
Mar 27th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Original Poster

true but the $1100 is from bkk, not from the us. the site you gave me suggested that Thai air may have some deals as I'm flying to bkk on that airline. thanks. I'll post any good deals (if any) I come up with. I'll also try Eddie.

thanks again