Valuair

Jan 30th, 2005, 09:20 PM
JohnWM

Valuair

I will be traveling on Valuair, a discount Asian airline, in May from Singapore to Bangkok. Has anyone heard anything about this new airline ... good or bad?

Feb 1st, 2005, 04:13 AM

I was waiting to see if anyone had flown but apparently not.

Ok, from what I know locally: Valuair is Singapore based, they used brand new Airbus A-320's with the standard 3 x 3 seating.
They claim 32-34" seat pitch which is higher than normal budget carriers and in fact as good/better than most coach/economy seats. That's the same seat pitch as Jet Blue.

They 'do' provide snacks, tea and coffee, water are also free, you pay for sotf drinks and alcohol.
They operate as a budget carrier flying to Bangkok, Hong Kong, Jakarta and Perth. Although I have not flown I have not seen any negative local reports about them whereas there always seem to be some negative reports about the other budget carriers, which does not mean the others are bad, just that there does not seem to have been anything negative about Valuair.
From their schedules they seem not to 'work their planes' so much and appear to have a lesser daily utilization ( which leads to less chances of delays ). They appear to be reliable and organised.

Feb 1st, 2005, 10:35 PM
JohnWM

Thank you, JamesA.

Feb 3rd, 2005, 08:31 PM

With respect to opinions on Valuair, Singapore's budget carrier, there's a website you might want to visit:
www.airlinequality.com/Forum/valuair.htm
Posters give their experiences, good or bad, on a variety of different carriers-I see that a number of posters have apparently had positive experiences on Valuair (you can judge for yourself as to the veracity of the responses).

However, I did note on the site that someone positively reviewed Air Asia's F/A's-I too, was quite impressed when I flew them, both with their command of English, and their attention to safety practices. I would have no hesitation to fly them again.

Feb 3rd, 2005, 11:31 PM
JohnWM

Thanks, Spygirl, for the cool link! I am bookmarking it; what an informative site.