U.S. military history in Philippines

Apr 17th, 2002, 02:24 PM
Vicky

U.S. military history in Philippines

My father-in-law was in the U.S. Calvery in the Philippines before WWI. Does anyone know of any websites relating to the above?
Also, we will be there this summer. Is there any museums about this? Thank you

May 19th, 2002, 10:48 PM
Pam

I'm not aware of museums, but you MUSt do the Corregidor island tour; very incredible . Whenever we had our family members visit us while living there we took them on the tour, commonly many american war veterans. Also theres the military cemetary in town, closer to Makati area. Pick up a lonely planet or other philippines guide book, this is where I found these sites at.

May 20th, 2002, 09:28 AM
Vicky

Dear Pam THANK YOU so much for the information. I was beginning to think there was no information, as I posted the question in the middle of April. We will do all that you suggested.

May 24th, 2002, 02:40 AM
Paolo

Vicky,

You can also try the bataan encampment area. It is where they built an encampment site for filipino and american soldiers who survived the death march. Have a good trip.

Lots of smiles, all from my Islands Philippines.

May 25th, 2002, 12:58 PM
Pam

Dear vicky, I don't know where you are staying (I assume a hotel) or where? Most of the hotels in makati area have great tours. My husband worked at the dusit hotel Nikko and I know they offered several tours such as "city tours". This includes the american cemetery and well as some incredible war and non related war history. ANyways, I thought of that a little later in addition to my last post. the prices are reasonable, and airconditioned. You then can take a taxi or arrange transportation and make reservations for corregigdor on your own. But my advice is to leave early, I remember leaving our home like 6:30 ish, anyways call the number you get once you buy a philippines guide book . It is a full day tour, lunch is included. Email in you need any more info..Good luck and have a great time. the philippines are incredible

Search this Thread