Travelduo back to Thailand! July 5th

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone! My wife will be going back to Thailand on July 5th! If anyone else will be there during that time let me know and maybe you can meet up while she is there.

SHe will be in Bangkok til she and Tong fly to CM on Thursday morning, and will fly bacnk late Friday night. Tong is going to interpret for her while in CM so my wife can meet our boy we sponsor theu compassion international. We received some good ideas of what kind of activities to do with him in CM, and I am not sure what she has planned yet.

After she returns to Bangkok, she is going to work at the school for the deaf for a few days, and then work with a deaf misionary from the states.

This is her first time going alone and she is a little nervous, so any words of encouragement i am sure would be appreciated!

She knows she has to do a full TR when she gets back!

Please let us know if anyone here will be in town the same time as her!!!

Jeffrey and April
Old Jun 30th, 2009, 01:06 PM

April-have a wonderful time in Thailand. Your meeting of your sponsee sounds fun. Make sure you tell Tong Hello from the Panda when you see her. I do npote that there is a special philanthropic dispensation for trip reports. You get an extra month.
Old Jun 30th, 2009, 04:30 PM

go immediately to the tatoo parlor and get some new paint!!

have fun with tong and the boy as i am sure you will.....she will know just what will make him happy...how about a game boy...

bon voyage!! bob
Old Jul 1st, 2009, 05:30 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Bob and Andy! I appreciate the extra time for the TR! My Thailand tattoo is totally done Bob, I will send you a pic of it some time! Our friend has your Thai tattoo all ready to go also! Its the view from the Marriott balcony with the Panda in a speedo in the background...its awesome!

April
Old Jul 1st, 2009, 05:56 PM

Hi April,

I will be away to China until the 10th July. After that if you need any assitant while in Bangkok please let me know.
Old Jul 1st, 2009, 06:08 PM

will the tatoo process hurt....i guess even if it doesn't, the fact that i would have a permanent cambridge likeness on my body would be hurtful
Old Jul 1st, 2009, 07:08 PM
Original Poster

Pook, can you send us your email so April can contact you if needed? Thanks!

[email protected]
Old Jul 1st, 2009, 07:17 PM

email sent.
Old Jul 1st, 2009, 07:55 PM

Tell your wife to go to Siam Paragon Food Court area at 5.30 on a Friday or Saturday night. Aquarium end, just by the windows. Hanuman has his own show there.

I've seen him. He's very good. He appears to have changed sex and grown a fishtail. I didn't really understand.
Old Jul 1st, 2009, 08:02 PM

dogster,

I've change jobs again. I'm now working for King Power near gate C1 at the airport. I'm the new old spice "lady" and I give out samples to passer by. Glad you like my show when I was doing it but the knees gave out. Remembered you fondly!
Old Jul 1st, 2009, 09:26 PM

Hi Guys! I think we talked about possibly meeting up, but now I can't find your email. I'm not sure if our times match up or not. We leave tomorrow, but you can email me again. I think we're with Tong on April's last day there.
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Original Poster

Well, April made it to bangkok safe!!!! She is with jack right now picking out some new threads for me! She had a 3 year old japanese girl for a seatmate on the ORD-NRT leg who wanted her to play almost the whole flight!

Tong sent someone to pick April up at the airport. She was supposed to meet them by gate 5...but nobody was there!!! I called Tong, then a woman came running up to her asking if she was mrs april??? WHEW! April and the driver, Yum, talked about Tong the whole way to the Marriott. She said there was nobody there at the door to get people...I always remember the smiling faces of of the guys/girls there...the girl behind the check in desk asked her 3 times why she didnt want to pay B1000 for breakfast...April just kept saying I am way too small to eat B1000 whole of breakfast food!

Thanks to everyone here for the help along the way...even tho I dont post often...i am here almost everyday reading!!!!