Transportation to Osaka pier

Sep 8th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Original Poster

Transportation to Osaka pier

Will use a "private car service" from the Hyatt Regency Kyoto to the Tempozan ship terminal in Osaka. How far is it & approximately how much will it cost?
Sep 9th, 2007, 12:25 AM

It will take at least an hour, likely much longer. As far as price, it's anybody's guess. Taxi might be ¥10,000 or more..."private car service" can and will set their own price, so you should ask the service directly. They will also know about how long the trip will take.
Sep 9th, 2007, 12:27 AM

There has been some discussion on this forum about transfers to the cruise ship pier. You could search for Tempozan, or Osaka cruise, or Osakako (Osaka-ko) which is the nearest subway station. The best I can do is to say pretty far, and fairly expensive.
Sep 10th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Original Poster

The transfer from the Kyoto hotel to the Osaka ship terminal has me a bit worried. From the info I have gotten the charges range from 10,000 to 15,000JPY. To me a taxi or a private car service will do. Will MK Taxi Services provides both services or I have more options? I emailed MK about a month ago requesting a private tour for Kyoto & never got an answer so I'm concerned about their service... can I rely on them? Will they also provide car transfer from Itami airport to The Hyatt Hotel directly? I know I can take the "limousine bus", but that leaves us at the Kyoto station & then I"ll need to take a taxi to the hotel. That's fine with us. I just want to explore my options as we are going to be really tired from the long flight.... so please any feedback will be appreciated. mrwunrfl... I did some research on previous forums but couldn't find much info.
Sep 10th, 2007, 08:24 PM

For transfers to the cruise ship terminal, if you can get it for ¥10,000 or ¥15,000 that would be good...I wouldn't be at all surprised if it were much more. It is far.

MK Taxi is a very good company. They may be better by phone though. Or try e-mailing again. Or send a fax with what you require clearly outlined, and include the day/time local time you will telephone them for price/confirmation. Don't expect them to phone or fax you outside of Japan.

From Itami to your Kyoto hotel, the limo bus to Kyoto station then taxi will likely be least costly. You can ask MK if they service Itami airport. A regular taxi will be pricey.

Also, ask the Hyatt about transfers.
Sep 10th, 2007, 08:25 PM

What did your cruise/tour agent say about the transfers?
Sep 10th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Original Poster

Kim: As always... great help.
The cruise/tour agent only offers transfer if you booked with them a "pre-cruise package", which I didn't do as it was highly overpriced. I'm going to email Hyatt & asked them about the Osaka/transfer. If no answer will try MK again.
Thanks a lot