Transfer from Bangkok airport to the city

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2023, 07:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering what would be the best option to get from the airport to the city.
I know there is a train that needs to switch but is it that bad? Should I take a taxi instead?
Old Jun 28th, 2023, 09:32 AM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
Take a taxi, very inexpensive. Your hotel will most likely supply you with directions in Thai for you to print and show to your driver. Be sure to have the hotel phone number, too.

Old Jun 28th, 2023, 12:08 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MmePerdu
Take a taxi, very inexpensive. Your hotel will most likely supply you with directions in Thai for you to print and show to your driver. Be sure to have the hotel phone number, too.
I agree, take a taxi. In my 6 past trips to Bangkok, I've never had to show a taxi driver the name of the hotel or address in Thai, nor have I had to supply directions. All the taxi drivers at the airport seem to have enough of a grasp of English, and can figure out the hotel when I just show a printout from the web site written in English.
Old Jun 28th, 2023, 01:53 PM
mjs

We always take a taxi. I suppose if you are traveling light and have a hotel near the skytrain you could save a little money but I wouldn’t
Old Jun 28th, 2023, 08:49 PM

Definitely take a taxi. Assuming you arrive at Suvarnabhumi you need to go down one floor from the arrivals area and go to one of the taxi booths. Tell them your destination which they will write onto a slip for the driver. Depending upon where you are going the drive usually takes 30 mins or so, more, perhaps up to an hour if traffic is bad.

An alternative is the Airport Rail Link system that takes approx. forty minutes to the centre. Most will want to get off at either Makkasan or Phaya Thai stations, which connect to the BTS? MRT systems. If you happen to be staying near one of those
places (unlikely ) fine but, having tried a few time, I found it took longer and was a lot less convenient.

On the way back to the airport be aware that many drivers will ask for a fixed fee which will be a lot more than the metered fare.
Old Jun 28th, 2023, 09:20 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much!
Old Jun 28th, 2023, 11:54 PM
Original Poster

Thanks,
Any idea how much should that be?
Old Jul 1st, 2023, 11:05 AM

Train is a great idea ... until you think about carrying all your baggage and then getting from te terminal to your hotel.

Taxis are so cheap its got to be the best and most convenient solution - door to door.

Taxis are available on the GROUND floor of arrivals. (Avoid the tours where you arrive) You get a queueing ticket and told what the price is. Some may be charged for tolls on the expressways.
You can of course pre-book and have someone waiting in arrivals with your name misspelt on a card.