Reload this Page >

Tokyo on a Sunday

Search

Tokyo on a Sunday

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2001, 01:03 PM
ebs

Tokyo on a Sunday

We will only be in Tokyo 2 days, one of which is a Sunday. Many places are closed. Can anyone help me plan a fun Sunday? <BR>Thanks

Old May 21st, 2001, 11:04 PM
michael

My favorite thing to do on sundays are taking the train to HArijuku station and going to the Meji shrine. On sundays there are a ton of young people out and dressed in the stragest outfits, waiting to have there pictures taken. After that you can see the shrine and then take a walk around the omotesando area which has some great shops. <BR>Enjoy

Old May 22nd, 2001, 01:47 PM
bren

I endorse Micheals suggestion for Sunday afternoons, but before you go there, might I suggest you get the subway to Asakusa for the Sunday morning market in the grounds of the Asakusa Kannon Temple.A Day Ticket only costs £5 and once you get a Subway map the Subway is the quickest way to zip around Tokyo.

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 05:23 PM
Chris

Bren's suggestion is a good one. And while you're in the Asakusa area, it's only a short ride over to Ueno Park, a pleasant oasis in the midst of the city. People-watching on Sunday afternoon is an enjoyable sport. And don't forget to reward yourself with an ice cream cone for your adventuresome spirit.

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 06:21 PM
Paul

Meiji Shrine is a nice visit for a Sunday. And there's always Ueno Park, which also borders on Tokyo's national museum and a modern art museum. Right across the street from Ueno there's also an outdoor market, dozens of pedestrian-only narrow streets crammed with vendors selling everything imaginable - quite an experience, even if you don't buy anything!

Old Jun 24th, 2001, 06:46 AM
Conni

After visiting Asakusa you can walk over to the river and take a boat down to Hama-Rikyu Gardens with it's nice Tea House. The boat ride is pleasant and gives you a river view of Tokyo and it passes under 11 bridges on it's trip. From there is a 20 min walk to the heart of the Ginza area. <BR><BR>By the way, between Ueno Park (there is a Ueno Zoo (which has 1 Giant Panda - Ling Ling))and Asakusa is Kappibashi-Dori which is the restaurant supply street. On it you will find, kitchen equipment and plastic sushi and Japanese food models.