COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

The clock is tickin', rhkkmk!

Old Dec 7th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Original Poster

The clock is tickin', rhkkmk!

I don't know about every one else, but I am eagerly awaiting your India report, Bob!

Old Dec 7th, 2006, 07:18 PM

Me, too. And none of those excuses about jet lag!
Old Dec 8th, 2006, 01:09 AM

Penalties are doubled for delinquent Needhamites. Need I point out that one recent panda report was mostly finished by the time I returned. Of course I remind the expectant reader that Bob's attention to detail includes such insignificant items that one is staggered.
Old Dec 8th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Original Poster

I did appreciate your promptness Andy! Another reason it is so difficult waiting for Bob.

Can't even begin to imagine how his details of Bangkok will differ from yours!!
>-
Old Dec 8th, 2006, 08:17 AM

HI Bob, Sawadeeka and greetings from Bangkok! I just missed U here, and sorry i also missed u in India!! I was a busy bee-nita! Anyways, I just flew into Bangkok the otherday from Delhi for some relaxing time!

And yes, I too eagerly await your "masterpiece" in the making! I am indeed very curious to hear about your trip to India(my "adopted" homeland) after all your careful planning and research! I expect the best! Namaste
Old Dec 8th, 2006, 12:07 PM

Bob is probably "making a list and checking it twice"!!!
Old Dec 8th, 2006, 01:03 PM

Let's hope he doesn't write as when he was in school. It could be quite a while.
Old Dec 8th, 2006, 04:12 PM
CFW

Your fans are waiting -- even GPanda....
Old Dec 8th, 2006, 05:04 PM

Me too.... I'm waiting, and, was away for a month in Florida (though with email) and was looking for the India through the eyes of Bob report. I just got back yesterday from Berlin. I thought I'd have a problem accessing the Big Bob India review, which was one of the main reasons I checked out Fodor's.

I've always had a desire to be in India but my big concern is my health, that I can't afford Dheli Belly due to a previous life threatning travel condition. However, yesterday I met someone who did go to India and never got sick. This is the only person I know with this outcome, as both of our offspring, who are, for the most part careful got very sick and, one of my business colleagues has a lifetime "digestive" problem from several business trips to India.

Dreaming of India question? Are there any recommedations beyond bottled water for everything? We'd love to visit.

Come on Bob, give us all the lowdown.
Sue
PS leaving for 5 weeks in Thailand in 27 days.
Old Dec 8th, 2006, 05:21 PM

Yes, Bob and Karen, we anxiously await your report. No pressure though

Sue, I was in India for almost four weeks and I didn't have one minute of illness. Neither did my travel companion. And, we ate almost everything. No street food, but restaurants everywhere. We ate veg and non veg. Did just fine.

We LOVED insane India. I can't wait to get back.

Patricia
Old Dec 8th, 2006, 07:12 PM

i love controlling the strings on the puppet....haha..

i hope to start tomorrow...

maybe i will do india seperately and do it first as many seem quite interested in it...

food: absolutely no problem at all for us....we ate mostly in the upscale hotel restaurants, but had a couple of meals in local restaurants too---only one bad experience...no sickness what so ever...

let me leave it this way for tonight: thailand still captures #1 place for us....and this year was so special because of the unique experiences we had: fodorites, cherry and tong...+++

log on tomorrow nite and see if i have accomplished anything

bob
Old Dec 9th, 2006, 01:45 AM

I have set the PC to wake me day or night as soon as it starts to come in !!
Old Dec 9th, 2006, 02:35 AM

Everyone, get a grip. This is Bob. His prose is stultifying. Just because he has a precious few "new" nuggets of info to impart, don't think that the report will be similar to those of Bill Bryson. Much more likely to recall Caesar's Gallic Wars...India est divisa in partes mucho.
Old Dec 9th, 2006, 05:03 AM

I'm looking forward to it, too, Bob!
Karen
Old Dec 9th, 2006, 07:16 AM

Welcome home Bob & Karen! I'm also looking forward to your report but I must admit, I think I'm looking forward to Andy's critique as much as the report itself.
Old Dec 9th, 2006, 07:45 AM

Bob, looking forward to your India report - also looking forward to this year's version of "Bob's Bangkok Restaurant and Pool Report" (ha ha) and about all of your adventures with various Fodorites and Tong.
Old Dec 9th, 2006, 09:10 AM

Welcome home, Bob and Karen! Hope you are catching up on your sleep and getting back to this time zone. Really looking forward to your report, Bob, especially about India. Gee, nothing like a little pressure, huh, from all of your fans?!

Terry
Old Dec 9th, 2006, 09:20 AM

CRaig, that is very funny about the "Pool Report"! We all have our our things!

I am actuallY in Bangkok now staying at a great new place but HAS small POOL, SO bOB WOULD NOT LIKE! It is the new boutique apartments uNICO gRAND sATHORN! sAWADEEKA.
Old Dec 9th, 2006, 10:39 AM

my prose is so bad that i will forgo a report on this trip....just ask andy what we did....

just kidding...later...
Old Dec 9th, 2006, 11:21 AM

Welcome back Bob and Karen!

Bob, the report is probably all typed up and ready to go but you are just keeping us in suspense! You probably wrote it at the pool
Pat

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FODOR'S VIDEO