Thailand w/ 3yo and baby

Sep 12th, 2004, 04:09 PM
Original Poster

Thailand w/ 3yo and baby

Hello. My husband and I will be traveling to BKK from NRT on 12/23/2004-01/02/2005. So far I have only booked the flight into Bangkok. I have been to Bangkok and Ko Samui before. My husband thinks that we should go to Bangkok and a resort place. Any places that you recommedn for babies and small children. Have done searches but have not come up with much.

Also has anyone ever stayed at the Floraville apartmetns in BKK? We usually stay at Hyatt's if they have a Camp Hyatt and am considering staying at the Hua HIn one but would welcome any ideas. Thanks.
Sep 12th, 2004, 04:47 PM

The Hyatt at Hua Hin is really lovely. They do have very nice facilities for children. And for you, it is only a five minute walk on the beach to the Chiva Som, the best destination spa in the world. Treat yourself. It's unforgettable.
Sep 12th, 2004, 04:48 PM

oh, and book NOW - that's the busiest time of the year.
Sep 13th, 2004, 02:31 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Kathie. I have just made reservation with the Hyatt in Hua Hin. I am still debating where we should stay in Bangkok. we would leave from Hua HIn on the late morning of Dec 28 and spend four nights in BKK and then to the airport fo rour final night as we have the 6am flight back to NRT.

Any BKK ideas welcome. Recently I have found that the average hotel room is too smal for two adults, a toddler and a baby as they go to sleep early and then my husband and I have to sit in the dark trying not to disturb them Are Suites or apartment condos better in BKK?
Thanks
Sep 13th, 2004, 04:06 AM

Bkk has great service apartments. Check out Emporium Suites at Sukhumvit Soi 24 - fab location as well right on the Emporium mall and BTS stop. Our service apt even had 1.5 loos, a kitchenette and a washer drier. Do not know if it is available for short stays tho. Another one I liked was Somerset Apts at Soi Ton Son, opposite Central Chitlom. Second Kathie's vote for the Hyatt in Hua Hin - we stayed there over new years this year and all the kids were having a ball!
Sep 14th, 2004, 04:43 AM
Original Poster

Kathie, thanks. I tried to make a reservation for the Hyatt Hua Hin on the Hyatt website but it said that there was no availablity. I then called the Hyatt office in Tokyo and they told me the same thing. Past experience made me call the hotel direct and there are rooms available and I can even get a Regency Club upgrade (for non-Hyatt users this means free breakfast and a two hour happy hour with all the food and drinks you can handle).

So Hua Hin is all taken care of but I am still working on BKK and our airport hotel. Any ideas welcome.
Sep 14th, 2004, 05:41 AM

www.click4apartment.com

has some good info on most upper tier serviced apartments. most have daily and weekly rates.
Sep 14th, 2004, 10:45 AM

I think we got a family room at the Shangri-La Bangkok. It had a small extra/side room for the kids. I'm not sure it really was in Bangkok, but worth asking at the Shang. They did not have any on the club floor which was a bummer.
Sep 14th, 2004, 11:15 AM

Another option in Bangkok is to stay at the Royal Orchid Sheraton in the Towers section and to get a Towers suite. The suites are quite large, and of course you get the amenities that you are accustomed to at the Regency Club, plus you get free laundry (6 pieces per person per day).
Sep 14th, 2004, 01:05 PM

If you'd like tp go to Phuket try the JW Marriott there. One of the nicest resorts I've ever been to. The place was very child friendly and had a wonderful, attentive staff. Only 1 1/2 hours from BKK and very cheap airfares on AsiaAir.

They also have a great kid's program called the "Turtle Club" they may interest you and your 3 year old. Supervised activities in a seperate building right next to the adult pool so you can drop in on them.