Thailand tours

Search

Thailand tours

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16th, 2004, 08:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thailand tours

Comments, please on tour companies for trips thru Thailand. Looking for good value, decent hotels and mainly as much sightseeing as possible without all the shopping for souveniers.
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 10:04 AM

thailand is very easy to travel in...do it all on your own and hire any tour people on the spot...you will save tons of money, except for prepackaged tours where you will be wisked from one site to another and might just as well stayed home...imo
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 10:38 AM

If you are looking for something more like independent travel, but with it all organized for you, consider www.imaginative-traveller.com. We used them in Japan 2 years ago. They offer tours all over Asia, including several in Thailand. Expect small group, basic but authentic accomodations and meals, using local transportion such a rail and public bus, and plenty of time to explore places on your own, and no shopping, unless you want to. We enjoyed our guide and our group on our Japan trip greatly. In Europe and U.S. we are used to traveling on our own but for Japan and the language barrier we wanted a guided trip, so it was our first, but would definitely use them again for maximum benefit and minimum effort. If you want to be able to judge the accomodations, hunt through their website for the meeting point hotel for your trip (under the trip dossier button) and do some independent internet research on their choice. We loved the Ryokan Shigetsu they had us stay in Tokyo and our other accomodations across Japan. Enjoy planning your trip!
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 01:08 PM
sandi

You don't mention length of time, where in Thailand or a budget, but we traveled independently (no group for us) and while we did use mainly 5* hotels and private driver and vehicle throughout at a very reasonable price, the company we used, does itineraries as all budgets. We shopped if we wanted, and not if we didn't; none of our guides directed us anywhere we didn't want to go. You can contact www.InnovAsian.com and see what they have to offer; though not all may be on the sight a phone call might get a better result.

Old Nov 17th, 2004, 01:10 AM

hi, yes it is much cheaper to do it yourself tour in Thailand & everywhere else. I have planned my first trip to Thailand for my family for 10 days & for 5 family members include myself.
It cost me only about US$ 1,000 only include airfare, budget accommodation include meals & transportation (in-land)
You can load on into this budget airline in ASEAN (www.airasia.com) for your domestic flights in Thailand & other ASEAN countries.
Cheer & sanuk
Lawrence Chong
Malaysia