Thailand or Cambodia?

Oct 17th, 2005, 09:03 AM
Original Poster

Thailand or Cambodia?

My husband want to take a trip to Southeast Asia. We will probably spend about two weeks (maybe a little more) there, focusing on Thailand and Cambodia. We'd like to see Bangkok, Chiang Mai, the beaches, Phnom Penh, and Angkor Wat. Is this possible in two weeks? If not, any suggestions on what to take out?
Oct 17th, 2005, 09:29 AM

No it's not possible in 3 weeks or certainly not desirable. Pick 3 places for two weeks.
Oct 17th, 2005, 09:39 AM

I'm in the same boat...it seems feasible that you could see BKK, Northern Thailand (Chiang Mai) and still spend 4 to 5 days in Angkor Wat. Adding Angkor Wat to your trip is more time consuming because there is no easy way to get there, unless you fly from BKK to Siem Reap, which will cost you about $300. There is another recent thread on here about buying a Discover Pass. Search for this thread and you will learn more about flight options to Angkor Wat. Apparently it is a must see! I"m still on the fence..
Oct 17th, 2005, 09:42 AM

Gloria is (as usual) correct. It's too much for two weeks. I just came back from a trip where we packed way too much into two weeks and I will never do it again, it's not worth it. Too much running around.

If it were me, I would delete the beach (BUT I AM NOT A BEACH PERSON!) and PP. If you like beaches and want some beach time, then take out Chiang Mai and PP. that's just my opinion.
Oct 17th, 2005, 10:43 AM

It's hard, isn't it? There are way too many wonderful things to see and do to fit into two weeks (or two months!)

Two weeks as Gloria said is enough time for three places. Decide what is most important to you.

Angkor is one of the wonders of the world, in my opinion and well worth the time. Bangkok is a fabulous city (my first trip to SE Asia, I spent 9 days there, and I continue to return). As Baluka did, choose whether you want Northern Thailand or a beach as your third destination.