Thailand Hotels

Search

Thailand Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thailand Hotels

I will be in Thailand for the first time in November and I'm having trouble deciding where to stay. I would like the hotels to be centrally located and to have free breakfast and wifi. A terrace would also be nice. I will be visiting:

Bangkok (5 nights) A river view would be nice, pool/gym also. Budget: 100-150$ maximum per night. A few persons suggested to me the Centre Point Silom.
Phuket (4 nights) Considering the Andaman White Beach or the Royal Yatch Club since they have private-ish beaches. A big terrace with sea view is a must. I would like to spend around 200-250$ per night maximum.
Ko Phi Phi (4 nights) Considering the Holiday Inn and splurging for a beachfront bungalow. They look fantastic!

Thanks!
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 03:46 PM

OK you will hear from the regulars here so here is my pitch:

Marriott Resort and Spa- its got the best pool in Bangkok and has a resort feel to it. Its on the river ( forget the line about being on the wrong side of the river there is no wrong side) and there is a hotel boat shuttle that takes you to the sky train. The boat runs every 15 minutes all day and its one of the things we liked- the boat ride every day! I think it will fit your budget.
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 07:13 PM

Just want to add that the Royal Yacht Club in Phuket is quite far from everything and is quite old. I don't know when the last renovation was but I would ask the hotel since the rooms could be very dated.
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 09:49 PM

In Bangkok, for that budget, the Chatrium Suites or Millenium Hilton are probably your best bets for a river view.

In Phuket, the new Westin has a beach to itself, and the pre-opening rates are under $100 (but I think you have to stay before the end of October, but you still might get it for under $200 in November).
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 03:06 AM

rates go up for most hotels nov 1 each year... i'm not sure you could get the bkk hilton for that price??

try some discount sites:

www.agoda.com
www.asiarooms.com
www.sawadee.com