Thailand, Hong Kong, Singapore package

Sep 18th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Original Poster

Thailand, Hong Kong, Singapore package

Hi, I'm planning a trip to Asia for the first time and found a packaged deal for $1299 (not including taxes) to Thailand, Hong Kong and singapore. It includes roundtrip airfare from San Francisco and to each of the three countries. Hotel is included for three nights in each location. Is this a good deal? The hotels are the following:

Manhattan Hotel,Bangkok
Copthorne Orchid Hotel, Singapore City
Stanford Hillview Hotel,Hong Kong

Thanks so much for your help!
Sep 18th, 2005, 11:18 AM

it is an unbelievable deal as airfare alone from usa to asia is about $1000 or even a cheap airfare is $700....i think the hotels are probably not all that nice and probably not centrally located...
Sep 18th, 2005, 11:23 AM

i did look up the manhattan hotel and it is on soi 15 sukhumvit which is quite central in the downtown area in back of the huge ambassador hotel complex...the pics looks ok but i would not trust them...depends on what you need in a hotel...it does have a small pool which is a plus...probably equivalent to a $40 or less per nite hotel---2-3 star in thai terms...
it is near to the adult entertainment areas...
Sep 19th, 2005, 08:05 AM

Stanford Hillview in Hong Kong is a 3* hotel, in the edges of the Tsimshatsui shopping/dining district. Quite a walk to the Star Ferry, though the MTR is not too bad.
Sep 19th, 2005, 08:23 AM

It's probably and ok deal but I wouldn't take it. First, you will be spending far too much time at the airport. 3 nights means essentially 2 days. Not nearly enough time. You should spend a minimum of 6 days in Bangkok, 3 in Hong Kong and 2 in Singapore. There is much more to do and see in Bangkok. Each of the flights is a couple of hours plus another several hours getting to and from the airport and since they are all international flights you need to be at the airport 2 hours in advance.

Also, asia is one place where you can stay in fabulous hotels for very little money. And these are not fabulous hotels. You can do much better.

So I would pass. I would then decide how much time you can spend in asia. Then let us know what your interests are and we may be able to help you focus your trip so you are seeing more of asia than airports.