thailand honeymoon trip

Sep 18th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Original Poster

thailand honeymoon trip

hi friends

i am planning to go to thailand for honeymoon the month of nov. (19th nov). i want to be there for 8 days. please guide me the itenary i should choose. i am considering phuket, krabi, bangkok,pattaya. please guide the hotels i should choose and the no. of days, i will be comming from india. we both are vagetarian, so also suggest some nice restaurants.everyone is welcome to comment. please help me out.
Sep 18th, 2011, 12:02 PM

With a mere 8 days, choose two places. I'd recomend you choose Bangkok and a beach location. I do not recommend Pattaya, as parts of it are quite sleazy, and the beach is pretty dirty.

If you want a beach location you can drive to rather than fly, Hua Hin is the place to consider. The beach is nice but not as lovely as the beaches at Phuket or Krabi. There are a number of excellent hotels there.

Phuket and Krabi have some very nice beaches. You can fly there in an Hour from Bangkok.

In Bangkok, choose a good hotel. I prefer hotels along the river. They are conveniently located to good transport (a shuttle boat will take you to the skytrain) and you can use the water taxis to get to many must-see sites like the Grand Palace/Emerald Buddha.

Virtually any restaurant in Thailand can make vegetarian food for you. There is a website where you can print out a phrase like "vegetarian food, only please" or similar. I don't have the link, but someone here will.
Sep 18th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Original Poster

thanks kathie
please suggest the hotel names to consider (INR 5000-7000)is my budget per night for both phuket and bangkok. also tell me what island trips from phuket should i take.also tell me how should i slit the days between phuket and bangkok
Sep 18th, 2011, 01:20 PM

www.amari.com/watergate great hotel in BKK for me

at great prices $50/nt bidding priceline.com lasts

booking.com otel.com asiarooms many others

$80/nt last for Phuket at the JW Marriott again

bidding priceline...

Congrats! www.happycow.net great site for veggies worldwide
Sep 18th, 2011, 01:47 PM

qw's recommendation to bid on priceline likely doesn't apply to you, as I don't think you can bid priceline from India.

I often use www.sawasdee.com for Thai hotels. Often, the price includes tax and service (which adds 17.7%) and often, breakfast as well. Read all the fine print. www.agoda.com is also a good site for hotels.

Along the river, The Sheraton Royal Orchid sometimes has special rates in your price range. Check the hotel's own corporate website www.starwoodhotels.com

There is a new Ibis hotel on the river, and that should be in your price range.

I'll let others make suggestions for Phuket.

I'm sure you will have a lovely honeymoon!
Sep 18th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Original Poster

thanks qwovadis for your reply. help me with the itenary i should choose. which island tour should i take.
Sep 18th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Original Poster

thanks kathie for your suggestion. please also suggest some other hotels. The Sheraton Royal Orchid is a bit expensive. Ibis hotel i am not able to check on www.sawasdee.com.
also suggest for phuket. hotels + island tours i should take. if i am planning to go to angkor vat in combodiya how much additional days would it take and what extra amount should i plan for.
Sep 18th, 2011, 02:56 PM

The tours on Phuket that get the best reviews are the John Grey Sea Kayaking Tours.

If you want to go to Cambodia, you need at least three full days there. Flights on Bangkok Air are expensive, but if you take three flights on Bangkok Air, you can use the DIscovery Pass. Look at the Bangkok Air website for details. Hotels in Cambodia are not expensive - less than in Thailand.

Take a look at www.accorhotels.com/gb/booking/hotels-list.shtml for the many Accor hotels in Bangkok. The Ibis Bangkok Riverside is the one I was thinking of, but there are many others as well.
Sep 18th, 2011, 03:28 PM

the hotel cost is about an average of $125 US. in bkk may i suggest that you google chatrium suites riverside... nice apartments, just like a hotel, and directly on the river... decent restaurant on site with a good breakfast and evening meals... fabulous pool... all that you might want...
cost about $105++. the plus plus is the 17% tax/service charge.

the marriott courtyard bangkok is nice.
the marriott mayfair apartments are also lovely and in the middle of the town on a very nice street.
www.marriott.com

the emporium suites is also nice on sukhumvit attached to a very nice shopping mall..

in hua hin, the hyatt is fantastic...can you splurge just a little to stay there? with an advance reservation you can take the hyatt van from the bkk hyatt to the HH hyatt for much less than the car fare to go there....it is 3 hours driving time... you can also take a bus or train from bkk.
there are many more affordable hotels in HH too on the site kathie has given you is an excellent one to find them on.

i love the sheraton at krabi as well---fabulous hotel, also a bit of a splurge...

do not go to pattaya..

i would spend 4 nights in bkk and 3 at the beach and then 1 back in bkk.

honestly there is plenty to do in bkk for your whole 8 days...if you get a nice hotel with a nice pool, its almost like being at the beach, especially if you stay on the river... think chatrium!!
Sep 19th, 2011, 12:19 AM
VAE

I agree with the above comment, forget Pattaya. I would suggest you to take a look at some packages and get some ideas from them:

http://www.exotissimo.com/luxury/tha...hai-honeymoon/
http://www.asiantrails.net/index.cfm...p&trip_id=2762
http://www.buffalotours.com/Thailand-tours.html
Sep 19th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Original Poster

Thanks friends for all your support.what i could decide is that i will choose koh samui/krabi in place of phuket.second i will stay in bangkok. now i need help from you guys on
1. which place to choose from koh samui or krabi or to go to both.
1. what should be the breakup of days
2. what hotels we should choose ( keep in mind we both are vegetarian) & good restaurants near by would be great.
3. what guide book should we rely on for our journey.
4. what activities should we plan for
5. any local tour packages/ guide we should hire for places of interest
6. it would be great if you can tell me how to move between bangkok,krabi,koh samui & what sites to book tickets from.
for hotels also which one to choose for these places and what site.
7.i am planning for 8 days and have a daily budget of INR 9000 for hotel,food & local site seeing.is it ok or i have to increase the budget.

any comments are welcome. and if anybody else is also planning to come that time of year please let me know
Sep 19th, 2011, 06:41 AM

to get to krabi the best way is to fly on air asia... can be booked on line... make sure to pay extra for reserved seating... for samui book on thai air or bangkok air...
Sep 19th, 2011, 06:47 AM

Choose one beach. Koh Samui is expensive to get to, flights are much more than flights to Phuket or Krabi. Krabi will also have better weather in November.

Since you have 8 days, choose 4 days in each place.

Bob's suggestion of Chatrium for your Bangkok hotel is a very good one. I think it will be well within your price range.

Guidebooks - there are many. The new Fodor's guidebook for Thailand is excellent.

There are so many things to see and do, get a guidebook and choose what you like.

There is no need for any local tour packages. If, when you get there, you see something you like, it will be easy (and cheaper) to book there rather than in advance.

Fly from Bangkok to Krabi. Air Asia, a budget airline flies to Krabi and will be your least expensive options. Thai Air is excellent, but generally more expensive. Book on the airline's website.

You can do this on 9000 INR a day, depending on the price of your hotel in Krabi.
Sep 19th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Original Poster

thanks kathie is it raining in krabi during november 20th as in some threads it is written.also suggest some hotel/resort in krabi.
Sep 19th, 2011, 01:53 PM

I was in Krabi from November 18th to 22nd last year and we had great weather. It only rained 2-3 times in the late afternoon or in the evening and it only lasted 1 hour maximum.
Sep 19th, 2011, 07:31 PM

sheraton krabi,,,, amari vogue
Sep 21st, 2011, 09:01 AM
Original Poster

hi kathie in some other post u mentioned that in september it would be raining in krabi & good to stay in koh samui. i am going on nov.20th and would stay there for 3 nights. i am confused which to choose krabi or koh samui. plese help me out. also suggest hotels in koh samui if ur recommendation is koh samui.
Sep 21st, 2011, 09:39 AM
Original Poster

Nora Buri Resort & Spa in koh samui is the one i am looking at

http://www.sawadee.com/hotel/samui/n...ild=0&p=&mod=3

any comments. i am thinking of deluxe seaview
Sep 21st, 2011, 10:16 AM

While no one can predict the weather you will have, we do have historical records of weather patterns. These patterns say that in late November you will have better weather in Krabi than in Koh Samui.

It is also more costly to fly to Koh Samui than to Krabi.

Take a look at some of the places you might want to stay in Krabi.
Sep 23rd, 2011, 03:01 PM
Original Poster

thanks everybody for your time and suggesations.i would like to know is it a problem that we both are vegatarian. please suggest some good veg.restaurants in krabi.
also suggest some good hotels in krabi other than sheraton,amari vogue as they are expensive. i am looking for hotels in the range of 100-150 dollars/day.
also we both don't know to swim. so what kind of activities & sight seeing should we plan in our 4 days stay there at krabi.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO