Thailand Honeymoon

Search

Thailand Honeymoon

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29th, 2004, 11:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thailand Honeymoon

Booking a honeymoon trip and have found this forum to be a great resource. So far I have booked us into the Shangri-la in Bangkok using priceline ($55) and have made a reservation at the Tamarind in Chiang Mai. Now, I am looking at booking a hotel in Ko Samui and Ko Tao (is it a good place to stay?). I have looked at the Peace Resort but am worried the beach may be a letdown. Are there any beach front bungalows in Chaweng or Chawenbg Noi? Perhaps at the Amari Palm? Also, is the Royal Coral Resort the place to stay in Ko Tao? We would like some nightlife near the beach but not be in the middle of the pack of tourists. Thanks!!!!!
Old Jun 30th, 2004, 07:44 AM

Coral resort is the best on Koh Tao, nightlife is a few beers at a local restaurant listiening to Eagles music! But that is the distinct charm of a place like Koh Tao, it is mainly for diving but it's the type of place to go if you want to get away from the very built up places / islands.
Old Jun 30th, 2004, 02:29 PM
Original Poster

Thanks James- any recommendations for locations on the beach in Chaweng? or nearby? Eagles rock!
Old Jun 30th, 2004, 06:14 PM

le meridien on samui is very nice if you think you don't like peace...it is isolated however...i hope it is not based on my report...the beach itself is very nice,,,,its just that we found the water not as nice as we had hoped...the pool makes up for it...peace is in a great location...5 minutes to good restaurants and bars..10 minutes to chawaeng bch and all that entails...
i think you would love peace...get a sea front place if possible or at least sea facing...
craig swears by laem set inn...its rustic...decent beach...
pansea is beautiful but no beach...

poppies and chawaeng beach hotel are in town and quite nice...
Old Jun 30th, 2004, 09:35 PM

If you want Chaweng and on the beach and are into real 'Thai Style' places then I would suggest Princess Village, rooms are something 1920's style and it is certainly different from more modern style places, about $90-120 but it's nice! I have not stayed in the rooms but seen them and we had some business customers a month back who had read about in in Japan (!!), they came back saying they loved it, mainly as it has modern facilities but is in classic style.

If you want to down-budget plenty of places on Samui from about $15 and upwards, these guys have over 100 places on Samui!! From cheap to over $1,000 a night so lots to choose, here are some photos of the Princess Village, it's right on the beach.

http://www.r24.org/huahin.20m.com/sa...ncess/details/
Old Jun 30th, 2004, 11:07 PM
Original Poster

JamesA- You are a wealth of knowledge- fo you have any thoughts on the Samui Newstar Resort (also on the same site). It looks similar but a little more high end with a pool...