Thailand/Cambodia Weather in June/July

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29th, 2007, 07:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am planning on trying to take my honeymoon in Thailand and Cambodia next June or July. What is the weather like then? My fiance and I are going to want to spend some time doing nothing on some beaches and exploring the beachtowns. We will also want to check out Bangkok and perhaps Chang Mai as well as a side trip to Cambodia to see Angkor Wat. We don't mind the heat too much as long as we have A/C to retreat to at the end of the day or for lunch time. I am more concerned with getting rained on the whole time. Any thoughts?
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 09:12 AM

Here is my favorite weather website: www.weatherbase.com

Check each location you are interested in. For beaches, you'll do better weather-wise in Koh Samui or another island in that area or in the Hua Hin area.

You've listed 4 places: a beach, Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Angkor. How much time do you have? Asia lends itself best to slow travel. I wouldn't attempt that kind of itinerary in less than 3 weeks.
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 09:30 AM

i plan to visit next may/june for the 3rd time at that time of year....it is not all that bad....usually the sun disappears behind clouds about 1PN, so do you beaching in the AM....then it is ripe for a shower by mid to late afternoon....heavy rain happens at nite quite often...
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 10:37 AM
Original Poster

Hi Kathie and all, I would ideally like to do 3 weeks for this trip. I realize the schedule is a bit ambitious. I will most likely have to cut out chang mai or one of the beaches to allow more time at each place and a less hectic schedule. We will in reality probably have 2.5 weeks tops though. So more than likely I will have to make a cut or two from the plan.
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 10:46 AM

In two and a half weeks, you'll be happiest in three places. As I'm not fond of Chiang Mai, I'd cut that. Are you planning on two beach places? I'd recommend you choose one. Basically, you need to count on losing most of a day each time you change locations. You really want time to relax and settle in to a beach place, you'll lose some of that by changing locations (unless you mean just to move from one side of the island to the other).
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Original Poster

Yeah that is a good point regarding losing a day going from one beach/island location to another. So then the question is which is the best place to spend a few or more days for relaxation on the beach, but also with some activities/sightseeing and places to hang out and eat/drink and people watch? Samui? Phuket? Elsewhere? Thanks!
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 01:37 PM

In June/July the weather in Koh Samui will be better than the weather in Phuket. On the other hand, if the rain doesn't bother you, you can opt for Phuket and lower prices on lovely properties. Take a look at the weather link above for detailed info on weather at both locations. Use Surat Thani for Samui. Phuket averages about twice as much rain as Samui in June.