Hotels Vietnam Cambodia Laos

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2007, 05:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be traveling to the following cities this December and was hoping to get a few suggestions of hotels. I am looking mostly for mid range and maybe one or two boutique hotels. Or anything that is different, like the treehouses in Thailand.Thanks for the help.
Old Aug 24th, 2007, 07:22 AM

Where are you going to be in each of these countries and what do you consider to be mid-range? If you give us a specific dollar amount or range we can be much more helpful.
Old Aug 24th, 2007, 10:18 AM

You're talking about 3 countries and no cities. It's like asking for hotel recommendations in the US and Canada.
Old Aug 24th, 2007, 10:24 AM

In Luang Prabang we stayed at the 3 Nagas and really liked it. t is in a couple of old Lao Houses, wooden floors antiques etc.Very atmospheric. The Boat Landing in Luang Namtha is a nice eco resort worth checking out.

In Siem Reap we like the Foreign Correspondents Club - very trendy minimalist place road similar to the Aman just down but a quarter of the price.

As for Vietnam, if you are going to Hoi An, there is an old Chinese Hotel right in the centre of the old town called Vinh Hung Merchants House. Michael Caine stayed there when filming The Quiet American. As Kathie says, more info will elicit more responses
Old Aug 24th, 2007, 12:06 PM

we too stayed at 3 Nagas and loved it - great bkft and location. we had room #6 in the main building (NOT the building with the restaurant). room was fine. however, all the wood was swelled and nothing closed properly and the tub leaked on to the reception area if you take a shower too long. i chalked it up to all part of the charm. we loved it so much, we're thinking of going back in Dec 08 and hope to stay there again!

in siem reap, we stayed at Day Inn Angkor (not part of the Days Inn american chain). bkft was fine, ground was beautiful, room was good, everything was clean and the price was great. a/c worked GREAT too which is a must in siem reap!

have a great trip!
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 07:43 AM
Original Poster

Sorry I did not specify. I will be going to Hanoi, Ha Long bay, Hue, Hoi an , Siem reap, Luang prabang, Bangkok.

looking for a A few gueshouses: 10 pounds-25pounds a night

One or two Mid range-Resort:30-80 pounds a night
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 12:34 PM

Hello,

Here are my suggestions of guesthouses and hotels I have stayed at and enjoyed. All were clean, safe, had a very friendly, helpful staff, and a great location.

Hoi an (Lotus hotel ~ 19 pounds)A real bargain with a good location and pool
http://www.hoianlotushotel.com/

Hanoi (Pacific hotel ~17 pounds) A short walk from the old quarter and lake
http://www.hostelworld.com/availabil...tel-Hanoi-8536

I haven't stayed in Ha Long Bay, but I would recommended staying aboard a boat.

Siem Reap (Bopha Angkor ~17 pounds)
http://www.bopha-angkor.com/ Another good location by the river and old town.

Bangkok (Marriott resort and spa ~80 pounds). Worth the splurge (for my budget anyway). Loved being on the river and being completely pampered. Check the Marriot website (although www.asiarooms.com gives a much better deal.

I am going back to Thailand and Siem Reap in Nov. I am returning to these hotels because I enjoyed my stay. Please email if you have more questions. Cheers.

Old Aug 29th, 2007, 02:12 PM

I second the Bopha Angkor in siem reap as a good reasonable place to stay. Also the Borei Angkor Hotel is very good.

The Bangkok Marriott Resort will be around 84 pounds for a deluxe room - taxes/service charge included but no breakfast as per Asia Rooms. May be able to get cheaper but December rates are not out as yet on mant booking sites..