Thai resort?

Sep 18th, 1999, 11:23 PM
Lincoln

Thai resort?

Can anyone recommend a nice Thai resort?

Sep 21st, 1999, 02:18 PM
jenny

Look at the Koh Samui (an island south of Bangkok, near Surat Thani). Any of the resorts on the Chaweng Beach are very good and right on the beach. The most expensive is not necessarily the best. We stay in King Bungalows which are also right on the beach for Au $17.00 per night. This is not a resort though and probably not what you are looking for. It is however all you really need in Paradise.

Sep 24th, 1999, 12:02 PM
Roger

On Chawang Beach an upscale resort hotel the CHABA - high level two pools, beach, includes breakfast at about US$60-70 per large room/day. Telephone:
011 66 77 422-135 or FAX: 011 66 77 422-380.

Sep 26th, 1999, 08:41 AM
Barbara

We have been to Thailand several times. The beach resort we liked most so far is called Khao Lak. It is about one hour drive north from Phuket (not on the island itself). The beaches are very nice, clean and unspoilt. From Khao Lak you can make day trips to various parks as well as to Krabi, Phuket and so on. If you like diving or snorkelling you can make a tour to the Similan Islands.

Oct 1st, 1999, 08:25 AM
Lincoln

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, I did not see your replies until I got back from Thailand, but I will keep everything in mind for my next trip to Thailand. As for my trip, it was a short one. I spent 2 days and 1 night at Hua Hin. It was nice, but my expectation was higher.

Oct 2nd, 1999, 04:53 PM
Bob Potter

I have been to Thailand many times.I have been to Phuket-Pattaya beach-Bangkok-Chiang Mia.I am planing to visit
Ko Samui and Hua Hin on my next trip.
What was it about Hau Hin beach that
you found disappointing.