Thai Massage Recomendations in LA

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having recently returned from our first trip to Thailand, does anyone had any recommendations on where to get excellent Thai massages in the Los Angeles area.

I realize that the prices won't be the same as in Thailand, but hope you have some suggestions.

Thanks!
Old May 15th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Original Poster

Do you think I should re-post this on the US board?
Old May 15th, 2008, 04:35 PM

That will probably get you a better response

When you find one, ask them in Thai for the Thai price I did that here where we live, and I got a huge smile and half off
Old May 15th, 2008, 05:02 PM

I'll ask around. I live in L.A. area. Try calling the Thai Consulate over on Larchmont or call Thai Air down on Sepulveda. They're a very friendly group of folks. Happy Travels!
Old May 15th, 2008, 05:29 PM

I just googled ["Thai Massage" Los Angeles] and there were many results. You can explore and report back.
Old May 15th, 2008, 07:53 PM

There are so many places now and "LA" is big. What neighborhood do you live in?
Old May 15th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Original Poster

Thank you everyone.

Travelduo-excellent idea! Anyone know how to say it in Thai?

Kristina-I realize that LA is huge, but since I've heard so many stories about getting "bad" Thai massages, I thought I'd ask around. I live in Woodland Hills (west San Fernando Valley), but work in the city. I have no problem driving, but would prefer something either in the valley or westside/santa monica area.
Old May 15th, 2008, 10:22 PM

Well, Hollywood is the epicenter of the Thai commnunity in LA. I just drove to Hollywood last week to go to a Thai market and there were quite a few places which offered Thai massage.
There's also a large Thai temple out in the Valley off the 170 so there might be some places near there too.
I live in Northeast LA and we have a couple of places nearby, but I haven't been to any. My mom has though, I will ask her.
Old May 15th, 2008, 10:32 PM

kim, there's a great place on Wilshire (near La Brea) that I go to often called Swanya. It's some of the best Thai massage I've had in the States, but, like most Thai massage places in LA, you're definitely not going to get atmosphere.

It's definitely not Thai priced (but what a brilliant idea!) but still cheap $49/hr for LA standards.

There's an older Thai/Chinese gent who runs the place and he'll be your best friend by the time you leave--just the sweetest and friendliest people ever...just like in Thailand!
Old May 16th, 2008, 06:53 AM

I can highly recommend Thai Sabai. They have 2 locations: one on Westwood Blvd. and one in Thai Town. I've only been to the Westwood location. I leave here feeling like I'm in a new body!

Price is $45 for one hour - a bargain for Los Angeles.

The Thai massages I've had in the U.S. are not exactly the same as those in Thailand - for example, they use oil and do more of a traditional Swedish style massage of your back. But much of it will be familiar.

http://www.thaisabai.com/

Old May 16th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Original Poster

Thank you! I've noted all the recommendations. I really appreciate it since LA is so large and some places looked a little scary to me. I don't need nice atmosphere as long as the massage is good, the place is clean and it's above board if you know what I mean.

Kristina-my husband and I just printed out a few Thai markets in the LA area so we will probably head in the Hollywood area soon.
I forgot about the Thai Temple in the valley...great idea.