Thai elephant Conservation Center

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26th, 2006, 06:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know how to contact this place? The website www.changthai.com is nothing more than a shell and I am interested in booking a one-day tour with them. Need to get rates and availability for the time We'll be in Chiang Mai. Would this be something the hotel could arrange? We didn't want to get stuck with a "tour".
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 07:32 AM

Wait until you are in Thailand to book any "tours." Often, you are better off with just a car and driver. Do make sure you go to a branch of the Elephant Conservation Center rather than a more circus-y one. There is no reason to book a tour to one of the Elephant conservation centers, just get a car and driver to take you there.
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 01:25 PM

If you are going to CM then I can recommend the Lampang elephant Conservancy.We really enjoyed a 2 hour trek.
But, as said you can arrange the trip the day before without a problem.
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 01:59 PM

It looks like the website is under re-construction, which Supat does from time to time. I booked by e-mail with him at: supatclub at gmail dot com. They don't do tours, but they do offer a one-day mahout training course that might be what you are looking for. If you wanted to visit on your own and look around and go on an elephant ride you could just show up there and your hotel or you could just book a car to take you. If you wanted to do the one-day mahout course you have to book in advance.

If I were you, I would send an e-mail to the address I gave you above and complete the online reservation form http://www.changthai.com/registration.php
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 02:01 PM

You can check availability here. The one-day program takes place on Day 2 of the 3 day program. 3 day programs begin on the following days: 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16, 19, 22, 25, 28. This does not change month to month.
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 02:36 PM

I agree with Kathie and Kim. Just wait till you get there and take a car/van and driver. We did that last month and only arranged it the night before. It is a fabulous day. Enjoy!