Thai airways air pass

Aug 3rd, 2004, 08:06 PM
Original Poster

Thai airways air pass

I recently saw a post (can't find it now!) where the person described an air pass she purchased from thai airways for approx. $500 US, she was travelling to Hanoi, Hong Kong, Bali and somewhere else, all through Bangkok.
Does anyone know how I would price a similar itinerary myself? I looked on the thai airways website and didn't see anything about an air pass.
Any help would be appreciated.
Aug 4th, 2004, 02:51 AM

Sorry haven't heard of that one! Malaysia Airlines and Cathay have regional passes but I myself have not heard of a Thai one. Remember that with these passes you normaly have to track back to the hubs and that can be quite a way.
Aug 4th, 2004, 07:33 AM

Dianas.. has bought the pass.

i have posted on that thread regularly and I believe the pass she has is part of the ASEAN pass. (NOT the ASEAN hip hop pass which is only for ASEAN residents). these passes lets you travel between ASEAN nations (basicly your south east asian contries).
Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos and Myanmar

details on link

http://www.thaiair.com/flying/aseanpf.htm

You don't have too use thai ailnes

http://www.justfares.com/airpasses/air-asia.asp

other passes

http://www.bestflights.com.au/web/co...r_passes.shtml

Aug 7th, 2004, 05:56 AM
Original Poster

Thanks very much! I'll post my findings!
Aug 7th, 2004, 06:49 AM

Read this recent thread by DIANAS:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessa...7&tid=34519226

What she bought is only for intra-Thailand travel. The ASEAN Air Pass that orgy7 posted is basically a coupon system for US$130 per leg, which is not exactly a very good price, in my opinion, and it doesn't cover Hong Kong.
Aug 8th, 2004, 07:43 PM

rkwan.. the prices really aren't that great if your doing short halls but they are OK when you want too go from bkk-bali, or if ya go too some far off town in the midle of Myamar.. I also think many would rather travel on thai airways and singaore airlines rather then Royal bimani or sri lankin which is a regularly consolidateed. also I think some find it a better piece of mind in booking way in advace so consolidated fare on SAS may not be available.

another thing is that many don't like regular passes since they (in most cases ) have too fly back and forth too hubs..
I've never used or heard of anyone who's has used the pass. Im just throwing in more options..
Aug 8th, 2004, 08:36 PM

orgy7 - I agree with what you've said. And thanks for all the info, as I've not heard of many of those offers myself.
Aug 9th, 2004, 06:32 AM

It was me who talked about a thai air pass......as most of you know by now it was a mistake of teh travel agfency. Teh day I was to pick up the tickets they "discover"what I always said and the pass could not be made. ... I am leaving tomorrow without no pass becasue most of the passes required you to fly the same asian airline.
I will let everybody know how I resolved this issue once in BKK.

Sorry for the wrong information.....

Diana
Aug 9th, 2004, 06:56 AM

DIanas there may be a silver lining here.. when you get too BKK you may be fortunate enought too be in town durring the Queens birthday (mothers day) so there are lots of celebrations and fireworks on tuesday.

oops unless you come before 6pm.. then forget everything I said...
Aug 9th, 2004, 10:55 AM

Orgy:
yes we are aware of that. I hear dthat there are many celebrations on that day. We leave tomorrow ( one day earlier that originally planned) so we will get there the 11 in teh afternoon. The 12 we will be ready for teh Queens birthay... but teh downside is that I think everything might be closed that day!

Diana