Thai Airways

Oct 6th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Original Poster

Thai Airways

I was just browsing Thai's web site and it seems they are putting on non stop flights from LAX to BKK. The dates I was looking at were for Feb and the price was huge! Their "old" flights that stopped in Japan are not showing on the Thai web site schedule. Travelocity is not showing the flight yet. Anyone know of anything??

J
Oct 6th, 2005, 12:09 PM

This link was posted on this site earlier today:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=479848
Oct 6th, 2005, 12:20 PM

jules39, yes I've heard about the nonstop LAX/BKK and Craig's link agrees with what I've seen. It looks like the flight/numbers are:

Thai Flt 795 leaving LAX 22:30 arrives BKK 7:00 two days later

Thai Flt 794 leaving BKK 20:30 arrive LAX 20:10

but not sure of the frequency or specifically when it starts.

Oct 6th, 2005, 12:44 PM

The link explains it all - service starts Dec 1 and will be Tues, Fri, Sun.
Oct 6th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the link that certainly confirms it all. I love the idea of the direct flights but I would hope the price I am seeing on Thai is not "real".

Thanks again Craig

J
Oct 6th, 2005, 05:04 PM

If anyone is on the BKK/JFK on Mondays, suggest you reconfirm your flight. They have reduced the frequency of the direct flights and that one appears to have been axed. Don't know the situation of the JFK/BKK frequency.

Maybe Craig's like will have some info.
Oct 6th, 2005, 05:05 PM

sorry, that's link.
Oct 6th, 2005, 05:10 PM

Funny, there was talk here in Bangkok of Thai delaying the launch of this service due to the poor travel climate. The NYC direct flights are not proving that popular. I've heard a lot of complaints about the cabin service as well as regular economy seating.

Anyway, the high price probably reflects "premium" economy, which includes a bigger seat. If the NY flight launch is any indication, you may be able to get discounts of up to 50% in the month prior to launch.
Oct 7th, 2005, 06:25 AM

Our Thai BKK-KIX flight got cancelled on us (booked for next June). We had to do a total rerouting because they put us on a flight that would get to KIX after our KIX-ORD flight left. Of course, no one told us. Luckily we routinely check these things.

Because we were booked on award tickets, when we called to rerout, United would only let us take United flights. We asked for a Thai/UA routing through Shanghai, but they said no. So, now it is the UA flight through Narita for us.

Thai is doing a ton of screwy stuff with their flights right now, so everyone should keep checking their flight schedules to make sure nothing changes. Trust me, they won't tell you.