TGS Tours Jaipur

Search

TGS Tours Jaipur

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TGS Tours Jaipur

Has anyone used TGS Tours out of Jaipur? They have been recommended by one of our fellow Fodorites, but their web site appears to not have been maintained recently.

I'm wondering if they are past their prime. Any comments and experiences would be appreciated.
Old Oct 16th, 2012, 12:15 PM

Ttere are recommendations on Fodors for other tour companies, even some that specifically do Rajasthan (Ramesh Meena??)

Somewhat off topic, I personally tend to avoid places with outdated web sites. Whether fairly or not, to me it indicates too much actual (as well as "virtual") recent inactivity If they don't know what's on their own website, how savvy can they be in terms of organization?
A website doesnt have to be perfect, pretty, or polished, but it should have current info. e.g. Amazing how many (not just in India) show prices going up to 2011...and that's it!
Old Oct 16th, 2012, 04:32 PM

I am travelling for the 3rd time to India for 7 weeks in Nov/Dec 2012. I will be travelling for three of those weeks in Rajasthan with arrangements made through TGS Tours. I have had exceptional service from TGS. I must say that I too was somewhat hesitant to use them because of their outdated website but the strong reviews on Tripadvisor were hard to ignore.

There are many detailed trip reports and very strong recommendations on Tripadvisor regarding TGS and my experience to date confirms the glowing reports.
Old Oct 16th, 2012, 05:22 PM

Seven weeks in India sounds like a great trip! BTW, I'd still like to hear about your experiences in Burma... hint hint.
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 03:11 AM

Hi Travelon98
Apologise for the sorry state of our website which, as CaliNurse has pointed out, has not been updated for 10 years!! However I assure you our services are top notch as you will see if you search for our name on Trip Advisor Rajasthan forums and as smacdvanbc has also kindly endorsed. We will also be happy to share you recommendations from our past client (including a recommendation from the US Embassy in New Delhi for handling all transport and logistics for President Clinton's 3 night stay in Jaipur). Hope to hear from you!!
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 07:30 AM

Hi Kathie! Yes I've been remiss on reporting back on Burma. Mea culpa. Usually I report on my trip as I go along but as you know internet is hopeless in Burma....or it was when I was there in January.

I did manage, however, to get some hotel reports up on TA....but not many of those either. I'll try to do better this time.

I did have an excellent trip. Santa Maria proved good to work with. Min Thu was a delight. I really loved all my stops including Mandalay. I also had the good fortune to spend a few days in Mrauk U which was a real highlight.

I am leaving Vancouver Nov 20th for Delhi. Spending a few days there and then on to Varanasi and then flying from there into Jaipur for 21 days in Rajasthan. After that I spend a week in Kerala at a tiny 4 room guesthouse where I've stayed previously overlooking the sea in Varkala. It's run by an Anglo Indian gay man who has exquisite taste and is very good company.

From Varkala, I am spending a week in rural Tamil Nadu near Dindigul at a small guest house hopefully to enjoy country and village life. I will end up for a few days in Chennai were my Cathay flight back to Vancouver departs.

Happy travels!
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 08:45 AM

I'm glad you enjoyed Burma so much. Yes, posting from Burma is hopeless.

Your trip to India sounds great! We are thinking either India or Sri Lanka for next year. No planning until we are back from Java in November. The little guesthouse in Keral sounds intersting. I'll look forward to your India report>