Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Taxi fare from Delhi domestic airport to Old Delhi station or Oberoi hotel?

Old Apr 7th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We'll be flying in from Udaipur to Delhi, then catching a train to Varanasi on one leg, then flying back and taking a cab to the Oberoi Hotel? Anyone have a recent price?

Thanks!
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 09:24 PM

I don't know when you're traveling, and whether this applies in high season but I know that the summer rates at the Oberoi, even their "special rates", include a transfer from either the train station or airport.

This should help you at least one way. I'm curious to know the rates from the International to domestic terminal!
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 02:02 AM

Does it really matter? It will be significantly cheaper than any taxi fare in the west. But if you're really worried get a pre-paid taxi chit at the airport before you ander out into the heat.
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Original Poster

No, I'm not "worried". Just like to have an idea of the norm.

Thanks WTB. Actually both of these trips will be before we arrive for our Oberoi stay. We will be leaving a bag at the hotel on one leg.

I would be interested in the int'l to domestic fare too, as we'll be switching airports at 4 in the morning after a long flight.
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 06:41 AM

You can either pre book a car from the Oberoi that will be pricey for India but guaranteed to be there when you arrive or take a taxi. I am juist back from a work trip in India and the hotel charged me 1200 for an airport pickup. We took a taxi to the Domestic terminal from the city when heading out and it was about 300-400 rupee. You should get a pre paid taxi before heading out as they will not rip you off and its set prices for each area. This is before you leave so no one can push you into their taxi and rip you off and they record the taxi numbers etc.