Tanjung Bungah Beach Hotel - Penang

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 05:02 AM
JET

Tanjung Bungah Beach Hotel - Penang

Hi<BR><BR>I was wondering if anyone can tell me anything about this hotel. I am planning to stay there with a few people, booked over the internet and am finding it difficult to contact them otherwise. <BR><BR>Has anyone out there stayed at this hotel or even seen it, to tell me what it is like.<BR><BR>Many thanks for any help<BR><BR>JET

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 08:55 AM
Sarah rey

Tanjung Bungah is mid way between Georgetown and the main beach areas at Batu Ferringhi. If you are looking for a couple of days stay then fine but not for a full vacation as you will not find much to do at all and will probably be going into Batu Ferringhi most evenings. I stayed at the Crown Price there and felt totally isolated.<BR>I would strongly suggest changing to a hotel at Batu Ferringi beach.

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 09:09 AM
fiona

I agree with Sarah. You would be far better staying in Batu Ferringhi. However, if you have already booked don't worry too much as it won't cost too much to get into Batu, especially if there are a few of you.

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 07:05 AM
JET

Thanks for the replies I appreciate the info. Just a quick question, does anyone have any info on the actual hotel ie facilities, rooms etc. BTW I am only staying for 3 nights (2 days) and am in Penang for a few more, so will make other arangments then (as per suggestions!!).

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 11:07 AM
kerrie

there is a great website called www.penang-hotels.com. That should give you all the information that you need about hotels in Penang or Batu Ferrenghi. I am heading to Penang on Monday, Sept. 23 and that was where I found my hotel. Hope that helps.

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 01:13 AM
JET

Anyone else? Appreciate all the help so far.

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 11:03 AM
Michael From New York

Tanjung Bungah is a much smaller area than Batu Feringhi. There are only a few large hotels there. Meaning also less shopping and less alternatives for food (dining). I remember researching this for Fall 2000 vacation. As it turned out, I felt there wasn't enough support around the hotel. During the day it won't matter, as you spend toime by the pool or the beach...but at night when you need options and choices it will matter alot. <BR><BR>I stayed instead of Tanjung Bungah, in Batu Feringhi, at the Park Royal. Was very pleased.<BR><BR>One more point, I have a friend in Penang. A few years ago she invested in a Tanjung Bungah Hotel, one of the high rises. She bought two studio apartments, and the hotel was entitled to use them as hotel rooms, and pay her for this right. They have not been paid since early in 2001. And the hotel has/is changing ownership/management. I am not sure if this is the same hotel.<BR><BR>As for seeing the hotel, I drove past it on the way up to Batu Feringhi from the airport. It is an impressive hi-rise, but as I said, there is only one advantage in staying there: it is closer to Georgetown, and closer to the airport. Also the rates may be somewhat less than batu Feringhi. But Batus has dozens of slections for shops, restaurants, and hawker stands along the main road in the evenings. Whereas in Tanjung Bungah you would run out of a choices in just a few days.