Tanita House-Chiang Mai

Old Jul 25th, 2012, 01:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tanita House-Chiang Mai

Has anyone stayed here?
Old Jul 25th, 2012, 06:45 AM

I don't know this place, but a B&B called Baan Orrapin was very popular with a number of regulars here a few years back.
Old Jul 25th, 2012, 07:36 AM

I have not stayed there but did stay at http://www.3sisbedandbreakfast.com/ last year which is a similar price. It was in a good location in the old town within walking distance of Thae pae gate, some reasonable restaurants and bars etc.. Definitely worth a look and I would stay again.
Old Jul 25th, 2012, 05:49 PM

I stayed for four nights at Baan Orapin in February and enjoyed it with just a few drawbacks. BO is just south of Tanita House on Charoenrat Rd. It felt a bit far out of the main part of town and walk to the night markets - Charoenrat Rd is very busy and has little or no sidewalks, so you need to be fast and sharp. The footbridge, which is an easy way into the market area was closed when I was there and no plans to re-open, so you needed to follow the river south and cross at Nawarat bridge, which is pretty busy at all times of day. The hotel itself was lovely and staff great. Pretty quiet and my room was very nice. Just a bit far from the things I enjoy - and I prefer to walk more than tuk-tuk everywhere.
I stayed for a week at a similarly priced place called Baan Thai VIllage Resort on the same trip. Not as quiet, but good rooms and good location just off Tapae Rd. There are a few places in that area that seemed good.
I would second the choice of staying near Tapae gate/road as a good location if you enjoy the markets and the old town offerings.
Old Jul 27th, 2012, 06:08 AM
Original Poster

Yes, BO confirmed the footbridge is not repaired. I am disappointed about that, but it appears other, closer venues have drawbacks, too, such as noise. I will look into BTVR, though. we wanted to "enjoy the markets and the old town offerings".
Old Jul 27th, 2012, 01:51 PM

We stayed at the River View Lodge and enjoyed it. It had lovely grounds and a quiet location. Restaurants near by as well as massage places. I have heard they are hard to reach,but our guide in that area-Sgt Kai had taken care of reservations