Taiwan, anyone?

Search

Taiwan, anyone?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1st, 2018, 07:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taiwan, anyone?

we will be in Taiwan April 2019, have things pretty well nailed, but just wondering if anyone here has interesting recommendations? Thank you.
Old Sep 2nd, 2018, 08:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You might find some ideas in my trip report. Start here (links at the top of the page): https://mytimetotravel.wordpress.com...oon-on-taiwan/
Old Sep 2nd, 2018, 09:17 AM

Some details of our all to brief seven days in Taiwan. Split between Taipei and Hualien.@ https://accidentalnomads.com/category/taiwan/
Old Sep 2nd, 2018, 11:39 PM

1) Yingge pottery village and also the large, modern pottery museum. Beautiful.

2) : : : ???? ADDICTION : : : ???? : ???? : ??????? : ???? : ???? : A Taiwanese acquaintance planned a dinner there with two other Taiwanese acquaintances. We had the hot pot dinner in the restaurant upstairs.

3) Jiuffen

I was in Taipei for 5 nights in late January, early February 2018. Unfortunately it was cold and windy and 9C. Freezing to me as I had already spent nearly 5 weeks in hot S.E. Asia. Plus, I don't like the cold.

While in Taiwan, I was told that it was the coldest winter in over a decade. It was difficult for me to go to all of the places that I wanted to as I was in pouring rain and high winds.

My Taiwanese acquaintance took me out one day of my five days as she had to work the other days. Thank goodness we went to Yingge Village in her car as that day it was raining so badly that it was nearly flooding. I'm glad that I had rain boots with me as, as soon as I stepped out of the car into the parking lot, the rain water was almost ankle deep.

Then two days after I had left Taiwan and returned to Singapore, the big earthquake hit Taiwan. I'm usually earthquake prepared as I'm from L.A. and have been in a lot of them since a small child. One thing that I always have is one of those small head lantern lights in my purse and it's also helpful to have a whistle in case a quake hits and one gets trapped in a building. I also carry a bottle of water with me at all times.

My short time in Taiwan was great and I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Happy Travels!
Old Sep 3rd, 2018, 12:31 AM
Original Poster

Thank you.