Search

Tailored Suits in Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tailored Suits in Bangkok

Hello fellow travelers.
I've been to bangkok so i know a bit about the shopping mecca of the world but i never have had any suits made.
I'm starting my professional career and I would like to get some nice suits for a smoking bangkok price!
Any help would be appriciated.
Also i've been told i should go buy a GQ or something with pics of suits to show the tailor about the fabric/style i'm looking for.
Also my schedule is as follows
going to bangkok may 4th, then on the 8th we goto phuket/phi phi etc then we're back in bangkok on the 18th so i have some time for the suits to get made.
what should i spend?
where should i go?
any other advice would be appriciated
ty
-M
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 11:40 AM

I recently used Rajawongse Clothiers on Sukhumvit near Soi 4 and am very satisfied with the 4 suits I had made. You should decide whether you prefer "classic" styling or something more fashionable. If you have never shopped for a ready-made suit, it would be a good idea to visit a men's clothing store to see what you like as far as fabric and styling are concerned. Bringing photos is a good idea. You should bring dress shoes (the ones you plan to wear with the suit) and a dress shirt (you can also have shirts custom-made) for the fitting. Your timing sounds pretty good - hopefully you can get to the store on your first day and again right before you leave for Phuket. Also you may need a couple of days for fittings when you return. Figure on US$300 per suit. Rajawongse only takes cash or checks, no credit cards if you go there.
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 06:31 PM

the suits craig speaks of are of the best quality and top price...

many tailors are much less expensive, without being rock bottom sweat shop products...

i would pick a tailor near to my hotel for convenience...

i personally have used jack at monet il sarto in the mini mall at the marriott resort and spa

i took a cue from your posting at "just starting out" so thought that maybe $300 would be too much for you ...??

pics help...think carefully about the weight of the fabric as well once there...
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 07:11 PM
Original Poster

To be honest, I'm not sure how much I wanna pay. I don't mind paying $300 for something amazing. But i wouldn't mind paying less for something nice but more simple.
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 07:51 PM

marc---i think the problem is that your time in bkk is so limited so you will not have the luxuary of looking around....