Sukothai or Four Seasons

Search

Sukothai or Four Seasons

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4th, 2004, 06:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sukothai or Four Seasons

Which hotel would you recommend and why in Bangkok?
Old Dec 4th, 2004, 07:33 PM

This issue was covered in the thread titled 'hotel choices in BKK'
Old Dec 6th, 2004, 04:30 PM

The Four Seasons...hands down!Pull up my old thread entitled...Hotels..Conde Nast Traveler Magizine 2004. Spell it with my typo misspelling of magazine. This subject was battled out. I had about 100 replies to this thread. Happy Travels!
Old Dec 6th, 2004, 07:05 PM

Oh, forgot to add,I've seen many of the Sukothai's room and have seen the grounds and eaten at the Celadon restaurant which is quite good.I liked the Jr. Suites although you can't view the TV from bed since the TV was situated in the livingroom. But, otherwise, the room was very nice. The standard rooms were very small compared to the Four Seasons. I stayed next door at the Metropolitan Hotel just in August...the largest rooms in BK... That part of town is a bit off the path. The skytrain is a good 15-20 minute walk whereas the skytrain is directly across the street from the Four Seasons and only one stop to Siam station which is the main skytrain station. The Four Seasons Hotel and location, in my opinion, are my all-time favorites. Happy Travels!
Old Dec 7th, 2004, 03:00 AM
Original Poster

I wouldn't be Four Seasons over the Oriental and staying on the river, would it?
Old Dec 7th, 2004, 04:49 AM

I would say Oriental wins hands down because of its location (love being on the river) and service.
Old Dec 7th, 2004, 06:57 AM

Centeno...If you like staying on the river then go for it. I'm not a "stay on the river person". I personally don't like looking at brown, murky water...it's not Barbados,ok? If I'm going to view water then I'd like to view blue water...that's just my personal thing. Anyhow,most in this forum are into the river thing...so you will be steered in that direction...to each his own.In August, I tried the river thing and stayed one night at the Royal Orchid Sheraton and one at the Peninsula... which I have no regrets trying, but won't be returning to either.I then moved back into town...the Four Seasons and the Metropolitan. The Four Seasons is my home-away-from-home hotel. The Metropolitan is relatively new so it was my first time there.Prior to the August trip, I had been in BK several times,on vacation, but had always stayed in town. I'm one to use the river for transportation purposes only. Now... you listed the Sukothai and the Four Seasons as your possible choices, so as I stated before I would definitely select the Four Seasons over the Sukothai. Did you pull up my previous thread mentioned above? Have a great trip. Happy Travels!