Singapore to Melaka

Search

Singapore to Melaka

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29th, 2011, 12:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Singapore to Melaka

What is the best way to get to Melaka from Singapore? I was thinking to fly to Kuala Lumpur, then bus to Melaka if possible. Is there a bus from the Low Cost Carrier Terminal in Kuala Lumpur to Melaka? Or is it better to just catch a bus straight from Singapore?
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 12:44 AM

We got the bus from KL to Melaka which was pretty straightforward and took around 2-3 hours in a very comfortable exec bus. I would think the trip from Singapore takes around the same time (mayb a bit longer as you will have to go through immigration) - probably your best and quickest option door to door. The bus station in Malaka is away from teh centre so you will need to get a bus or taxi into town. No idea whether there is a bus from teh LCC terminal.
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 02:18 AM

It’s far better to take the bus from Singapore than fly to KL and take a bus, as you will be backtracking significantly from KL to go back down south (look at a map). This will take you many more hours than necessary. See http://www.srimaju.com/ and http://www.delima.com.sg/ for schedules and fares. Bus takes 3 hours or so and costs about S$25. They depart from various parts of Singapore, check the websites which usually have maps, or if they just give an address repost and I can provide directions. Buses go through their own line at immigration in Johor Bahru, so you can avoid the long car lines. Still, I would avoid traveling outbound from Singapore on a Friday afternoon if you can, as Malaysia is a popular weekend spot for Singaporeans. Also avoid rush hour crossings on all weekdays, esp evenings.
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 02:49 PM

Cicerone - I've tried emailing you and I just got an note to say it was undeliverable - I have some direct questions about Hong Kong - can you please email me: [email protected]

Thank you - Fodor's member ID: GrantGGM
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 12:50 AM
Original Poster

thanks for your help. i think i will leave from singapore on sunday morning...i hope the traffic's not too bad then