Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Singapore rest. December 25th dinner suggestions

Dec 8th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Original Poster

Never been here.. arriving 4.30pm from MAD.

can you help me find a nice restaurant for xmas dinner? it seems we should be making reservations someplace!

(we do not know our hotel location yet)

thanks!
Dec 8th, 2008, 03:29 PM

what kind of food...what price range...likes??
Dec 8th, 2008, 03:37 PM

I've had Xmas dinner at Doc Cheng's in Raffles hotel several times and just loved it. It's very festive. I'd describe the food as fusion - and it was excellent. You do need advance reservations. In fact, ask for one of the curtained booths.
Dec 8th, 2008, 05:50 PM

The Hyatt's buffet dinner? Dempseys at Long Island? What sort of budget are you looking at? If high end, yes, I think you will definitely need reservations!
Dec 9th, 2008, 01:37 AM
Original Poster

Actually, a restaurant that has a variety of food, ( at least SOMEthing western for my husband, our son and I are more adventuresome) and a nice ambience.
Afterall, it IS xmas, and the mood for two tired travellers will be important.

Price is unknown to me as I do not know what a meal in an upscale hotel, for example, could cost. I am open to anything recommendable as who knows when we will be back.

I cannot find any christmas menus online .. or at the least through the feeble search I did.

I will look into the suggestions so far.. and will contact the hotels for reservations and look into locations so once we know the hotel I can go ahead.

Thanks... and anymore out there?

p.s can't find anything about dempsey's long island.

Dec 9th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Original Poster

I have heard back from raffles and equinox. To help you know our budget, ( because after seeing this I finally decided to think about it a bit) $258 SD (Equinox) is way over. This type of place will be out of the question for this type of meal.

Raffles only has the café with xmas dinner as far as i can see, and not sure that is going to be interesting.

So, hoping to keep it under $100 SD/person.. excluding lots of wine, as i understand that is quite costly there.

If anyone knows one of their favorite restaurants that is open xmas dinner, please let me know.

I will keep searching.