Reload this Page >

Silk Comforters?

Search

Silk Comforters?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 08:44 PM
Carol

Silk Comforters?

I will be in Hong Kong, and am looking to purchase some silk comforters to bring home. I have heard that they are wonderful, and can be vacuum packed for the trip home. Can anyone out there enlighten me as to where I might find them?

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 08:10 AM
Sandra

Carol - Has anyone answered your post? I am going to HK soon and am also interested in silk comforters.

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 12:40 PM
Laurel

We bought two silk comforters in Shanghai at a department store, I'm sure you would be able to find the same at a department store in Hong Kong. Just go up to the home furnishings floor and ask, they will be more than happy to help you. Take the measurements you want in metric, as that is how they are sized. Yes, they are very cozy and well worth looking for. Also, ask the concierge at your hotel, they should be able to help you.

Old Nov 23rd, 2002, 07:36 AM
Susan

Hi, we bought silk comforters in Suchow - (went on a tour with Laurus travel and that was one of the places we visited) they came in different sizes and the duvet was separate. We paid $110 US dollars for a king size one, heaviest weight. The duvet was less than $25 for a cotton one. There web site is (for informational purposes you may find it helpful) http://www.1st-silk.com<BR>Our comforter was vacuum packed but there is a limit how small a king size comforter can be made.<BR>Be careful when you buy items that say they are all silk. We went to some markets in Hong Kong that stated an item was silk and it wasn't - you could tell by the feel.<BR>Hope this helps. We were in Hong Kong for 5 days but did not shop for one.<BR><BR>Susan

Old Nov 24th, 2002, 01:13 AM
Xenos

Could someone explain what a comforter is please? Is it a duvet cover, or a throw-over, or what?

Old Dec 15th, 2002, 11:41 AM
Bob

We bought a light weight one on a factory tour in Shanghai. They do vacuum pack them in a special carry case. Using it now and it is great. Did not purchase the duvet.