Reload this Page >

Shopping/markets in Manila

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 05:48 AM
gayle

Are there any good cheap markets in manila? Where are they situated and has anyone a recommendation on a Hotel close to shopping? Something that would suit a family with a 8 year old. We are staying only 2 nights there in April. Thanks for any help.

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 09:54 PM
mike

huge shopping malls are scattered everywhere in Metro Manila. wherever you stay surely there's one near you. Suggestions below:<BR><BR>For Big Shopping Malls:<BR>- Stay in Makati near Glorrieta Supermall<BR>- Stay in Ortigas for SM Mega Mall & Robinsons<BR>- Stay in Roxas Blvd. for Robinsons SuperMall, SM Mall, Baclaran Street Markets.<BR><BR>--- for a rather cheap goods we locals go to Divisoria Mall. (just beware of pickpockets) You'll find everything in bargain.<BR><BR>Enjoy your shopping.

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 04:14 AM
Gayle

Thanks Mike. Will stay in Roxas Blvd probably. Know any good 4 to 5 star hotels there?

Old Jul 27th, 2002, 08:43 AM
condoghost

Hyatt --- between USD90 and USD 125 <BR><BR>suggest you take a look at their online site<BR><BR>also have Westin Philippines Plaza though this is run down in comparison<BR><BR>there's also Traders though I walked out when I booked in there<BR><BR>a good hotel is the inter-continental located across the road from glorieta<BR>the mtr or whatever they call is is walking distance away - excelent value for money

Old Jul 27th, 2002, 08:47 AM
condoghost

Hyatt --- between USD90 and USD 125 <BR><BR>suggest you take a look at their online site --- short walk to the baclaran markets<BR><BR>also have Westin Philippines Plaza though this is run down in comparison it seems a bit isolated though only a 10-15 minute walk from roxas bld <BR><BR>there's also Traders though I walked out when I booked in there the rooms were so bad<BR><BR>a good hotel is the inter-continental in makati located across the road from glorrieta

Old Jul 27th, 2002, 12:22 PM
jorge

try one of the hotel reservation sites they seem too offer good deals for the philapines for some reason..<BR><BR>http:http://www.asiatravel.com///www.as<BR><BR>ia-hotels.com<BR><BR>I stayed at the Atrium hotel, it was nice for $30. but I wouldn't recomend it for you..