Shopping in Hua Hin?

Search

Shopping in Hua Hin?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shopping in Hua Hin?

We're counting down days until our departure!

Because we like to shop, we were planning on not bringing a whole lot with us to Thailand, maybe just clothes for a few days. Our first stop is Hua Hin. I know it's more of a Thai tourist town than Phuket or other places that attract more westerners. Can we expect to find retail clothing stores there? We are probably large by Asian standards (S-M by Western standards) so I don't think sizing will be an issue.

Really more a question of what to expect.
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 08:47 PM

you may have a problem finding things you want....sizes are very small in thailand and sleeves are generally short....there are many shops in HH....i would bring my basics for sure, i.e. undies etc....
Old Oct 19th, 2006, 12:59 AM

There's a relatively new shopping mall in Hua Hin and it does have quite a few brand name shops in there. Apart from the mall you will find some basic clothing shop around town.
Old Oct 19th, 2006, 01:12 AM

The Hua Hin Market Village is the new large mall, about 4 floors I think, lots of clothing shops and outlets, fashion stores, plus Lotus Supermarket, that's the best place for larger sized clothing. We found the prices on par with Jomtien. Most weekends also some exhibition or show, just past the Marriott on the way to the Chiva Som and Hyatt. On size, what I would buy in Australia as 'M' I need XL local, in fact for casual wear and throw cheap beachwear the malls are often cheaper than the market! Shorts B 49, T-shirts B 80-100, the one items I really 'would' bring from your home is footwear and as we all know, wear-them-well before you travel so they are worn in for comfort.
Old Oct 19th, 2006, 01:13 AM

The Hua Hin Market Village is the new large mall, about 4 floors I think, lots of clothing shops and outlets, fashion stores, plus Lotus Supermarket. Most weekends also some exhibition or show, just past the marriott on the way to the Hyatt. On size, what I would buy in Australia as 'M' I need XL local, in fact for casual wear and throw cheap beachwear the malls are often cheaper than the market! Shorts B 49, T-shirts B 80-100, the one items I really 'would' bring from your home is footwear and as we all know, wear-them-well before you travel so they are worn in for comfort.
Old Oct 19th, 2006, 09:05 AM
rache2000

I'm a size 2-4 and never had a problem with clothes. However, the shoes were a different story, they all have those to die for tiny feet, I actually have pretty long feet, at 8 1/2 - 9, for my size so the shoes were a little more challenging, I just bought long skirts. But I was able to find some.

Old Oct 19th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Original Poster

Great. Thanks all for the input.

We've been able to shop in HK and Taipei w/o size problems. I just wanted to make sure the town wasn't so small that it wouldn't have many shopping options (and would therefore end up in the same 3 outfits for far too many days!).
Old Oct 19th, 2006, 05:49 PM

Funny, nobody has mentioned that there are 2 - 3 outlet malls on the road to Hua Hin. I stopped at one last year that was just opening. Lots of shops and a good selection of (real) western brands as well as local stuff. If you're getting to Hua Hin by car, then you can just tell the driver to pull in. The malls are well-signed for miles in advance, in both English and Thai.
Old Oct 20th, 2006, 06:55 AM
Original Poster

Great--THANK YOU, Michael.