Sheraton Hua Hin

Search

Sheraton Hua Hin

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sheraton Hua Hin

Has anyone stayed in Sheraton Hua Hin? I'm concerned because it was newly opened this summer and its location seems far from the center of Hua Hin. The hotel is located in Cha-am.

I've never been to Hua Hin before, so I don't know if staying in Cha-am is good or bad (as compared to staying in Hua Hin). I'm also considering Hyatt Regency, Hilton and Marriott. We're going to Hua Hin for 3 nights in December.

Any feedbacks would be greatly appreciated!
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 12:47 AM

hi

I am actually staying at the Hyatt at the moment for 3 days.

I cant comment on the sheraton but this is a nice hotel.

Not sure what your budget is but we are staying in the new Barai Suite. Expensive but fantastic. Incredible actually. Cant recommend it highly enough but as i said its expensive.

Old Sep 20th, 2007, 01:32 AM

pingsin - The Sheraton is North of Hua Hin, about 15 mins I guess, I know the area well but have not been there as it has only recently opened. It was being called the Sheraton Cha Am but now seems to be marketed as Hua Hin!

Hua Hin Hilton is a tower sky rise in town center but on the 'water' ( not water as now you really need to walk down near the Sofitel for beach ). Sofitel is a good choice if you want to be in town.

I will add the Hyatt Regency is very good and others here have stayed. Wora Bura south of Hyatt also nice.

barnetda - great that you are staying at the Barai at the Hyatt - Please tell us all you can ( not for my sake, I'm too poor ! ) but I know many will be "very interested" indeed.

Quite a few of us know the Hyatt but if you don't mind giving us all the info on the Barai I know many will appreciate !

Have you see the show at Sasi yet ? Just south of you is "let's Sea" Restaurant which is very good and about 5 mins further is "Supatra-by-the-Sea" restaurant, also good.

What's the weather like at the moment ?
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 03:30 AM

Hi James

I have been fortunate to stay in many of the worlds leading hotels but the rooms at the Barai are certainly in the top group.

I am in a balcony suite which is 4000 bht cheaper than a pool suite . The difference is i have a balcony and the pool suite have a nice size pool.The rooms are identical.
The suite is probably close to 1500 sq feet. Its huge.
The bed is a 9 foot bed i think , specially made for the suite.
Massive bath, beautiful shower room which is also a steam room.
Massage beds in the room as well.

Personal butler is always at my side and nothing is to much for them. In my package we have a massage each per day, sensational.
There is a pool area only for people from the 8 suites. I have yet to see anyone there!
There is a bar/restaurant that is also predominantly for Barai suite guests.

Weather is warm but we have rain in the late afternoon. I really dont want to leave here.
Went into Hua Hin this morning, for a wander around. we are going to eat this evening by the pier in a local seafood restaurant which looks superb.

I will check out the restaurants you mentioned.
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 04:21 AM

Sounds amazing.
It will be interesting because the Sofitel opened their Pool Villas where Central Village was but the concensus is that the Sofitel Pool Villas suffer being totally overlooked by the balconies of the Hilton.
Many look for those pool suites, I think they will be in demand!

If you go into town worth a wander around Sofitel or for their 'Afternoon Tea"

I hope the Golden Buddha is lit up at night ! Supatra-by-the-Sea is very close to it.
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 05:27 AM

i am going to try the sheraton next spring....it appears to be way north...cha-am is not as nice as hua hin....just one street really....it would be more quiet than HH....less to see and do...less developed....less lux...the sheraton may be an exception...

the hyatt is fabulous....i shall also return there...

where are these suites?? are they part of the new spa which was built last year?? i did not see them and have not seem them on the hyatt web site....i shall look again...
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 06:38 AM

I've stayed at the Hyatt in Hua Hin, and it is lovely. It's also a 5 minute walk to the Chiva Som, often voted the best destination spa in the world. I've also stayed at the Anantara, which is lovely, I recommend the Deluxe Lagoon rooms.

Neither the Hilton nor the Marriot have gotten good reviews. As James pointed out, the Hilton is an institutional - looking tower. The Marriot's rooms are dark and rather worn. The only place I'd consider that is right in town is the Sofitel.
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 06:52 AM

Just for anyone browsing to see what we are talking about, Sheraton is north of the airport on the way to Cha Am.

Sheraton:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sherat...ropertyID=1590

Pingsin / Bob / Kathie / - it started as the 'Cha Am', then they changed to 'Cha Am / Hua Hin ' now they have made it clearly the 'Sheraton Hua Hin', which makes sense I guess.

The Hyatt website does not offer much at all, basic glossy pics.

http://huahin.regency.hyatt.com/hyat...spas/index.jsp
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 07:13 AM

RHKKMK:
The suites at the Hyatt are in the new Barai Spa. 8 suites in total.

Old Sep 20th, 2007, 07:39 AM

Wow! The spa photos look great. Barnetda, would you mind telling us the price of the suite you are in? And did you book direstly with the Hyatt?
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 08:17 AM

do not do hilton...its a concrete jungle!!
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the responses! I think we'll stay in Hyatt. Can you walk from Hyatt to restaurants outside the hotel? I read that there's a shuttle from the hotel to downtown Hua Hin -- is it free?

If anyone has recommendations on what to do/see in Hua Hin, that'll be great! We're staying there for 3 nights in mid December.
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 04:55 PM

Kathie:

I am paying THB 18000 per night plus plus.
It is a package on hyatt.com and includes a 60 min daily massage per person , breakfast, and evening cocktails.
As i said not cheap but superb accomadation and service.

Pingsin: You cant walk to town from the Hyatt. Its a few mins drive by Hotel limo (250 thb) or by shuttle (50 thb).
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 05:12 PM

pingsin,

It's quite a walk from the Grand Hyatt to Hua Hin town, around over an hour. The hotel has a complimentary shuttle bus to town so use that.
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 05:53 PM

wish however to reserve for the shuttle bus....taxis do not come into the hotel property so you have to walk to the end of the road which is a pain, imo....
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 06:18 PM

Bob, the Hyatt was always glad to call me a taxi if I wanted one.
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 10:18 PM

If you walk to the main road there are lime-green pick-up buses that ply into Hua Hin going north and to Khao Takiab going south, every 10 mins or so, just wave them down, it's a flat fare of B 10 per person, goes past HH Market Village shopping mall and Grand Plaza and turns left at Satukarn Square and then right into the central market, goes back same route.
Old Sep 21st, 2007, 06:01 AM

We're staying at the Holiday Cha am next weekend (28th Sept through Oct 2nd). My husband is taken care of as he will be playing golf.

Any thoughts on on anything that my 16yr old daughter and I must do in the area - other than of course lying by the pool?

Old Sep 21st, 2007, 06:45 AM

walking around on the main street of HH can be fun....the is a new mall just south of HH opposite the marriott which might be fun for an hour or so and have lunch there...
Old Sep 21st, 2007, 06:46 AM

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -