Sheraton Bali

Nov 12th, 1998, 05:26 AM
Rob Boyd

Sheraton Bali

We are going to Bali in early January. We have reserved rooms at the Sheraton instead of the Le Meridien because we love the beach. Have we made the right choice? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Feb 26th, 1999, 04:49 PM
Barry Dolman

considering Sheraton Bali end of July,
if you ended up going in Jan. how would you rate your stay.

Feb 27th, 1999, 04:54 AM
Rob

Ended up staying at Le Meridien.....FABULOUS! Read my message "Singapore Airlines" number 17 of "next 50 messages". Our buddy is returning on Sunday and he stayed at Sheraton....I'll give you a report next week.

Mar 3rd, 1999, 05:25 AM
Rob

Our friend got back Sunday and said the Sheraton was FABULOUS!

Mar 5th, 1999, 05:09 PM
Barry Dolman

Thanks for the update Rob. Its a go. Trying to travel to Balia going backwards Montreal-London-Bangkok.
By the way I read about a U.S. advisory around the time of Pres. elections in Indonesia...Your thoughts?

Mar 7th, 1999, 04:52 AM
Rob

Stay away from Jakarta....Bali should be fine.

Apr 1st, 1999, 06:32 AM
Liz

Which Sheraton did your friend stay at Rob? I am deciding between Le Meridian and the Sheraton in September. Then we are staying at Pita Maha in Ubud and the Ritz. Any input would be great.

Apr 1st, 1999, 10:50 AM
Les

Hi, Liz
I'm not Rob, but thought I'd reply to your posting.
We stayed at the Hilton at Nusa Dua (a couple of hotels down the beach from the Sheraton), and wandered through the Sheraton "just to look". I didn't see the rooms, but the grounds and restaurants were very nice. The Hilton was also very nice (rooms, too), as was the grounds of the Hyatt (next door). I don't think you can go wrong with any of the hotel chains at Nusa Dua.
The beach, however, was another story. When we were there (October 97), the condition of the beach was dependent upon the tides. When the tide was out (it went waaay out!), the beach was unusable for swimming (rocks, kelp, etc. to negotiate before you hit the water) and smelly. When the tide was in, it was OK.
The locals said it was due to El Nino, but who knows? If you're going for a beach vacation, I'd pass. But if you're looking for a nice hotel and pleasant area to stay while you tour the island, Nusa Dua is fine, and I've heard that Ubud (inland) is also nice.

Apr 2nd, 1999, 05:26 AM
Rob

Sheraton or Le Meridien? Id DEFINITELY go back to Le Meridien EXCEPT it's WAY OFF the beaten path....probably too isolated for a lot of tourists (JUST what I wanted at the time!). Our single friend really enjoyed the Sheraton because he hooked up with other travellers. But, I spoke to a single gal who stayed at Le Meridien and she did the same thing (connected with other single travellers). When I go back, & I'm DEFINITELY going back, I'll stay at The Chedi in Ubud.

Apr 6th, 1999, 04:28 PM
Laurie

Are you talking about the Sheraton Laguna in Nusa Dua? Does anyone know how that compares to the Hyatt, Nusa Dua Hotel and Spa and the hotel Nikko? I'm trying to decide. Thanks.