shanghai/hangzhou/suzhou

Oct 16th, 2002, 05:30 AM
mike

shanghai/hangzhou/suzhou

Hi, we are planning a trip this coming first week of Nov. what are the places to stay and go. Also places to dine good food.

Oct 17th, 2002, 01:34 AM
henry

for more infor,your may refer www.ctrip.com

Oct 17th, 2002, 08:23 AM
Andy

Pls visit http://www.chinavista.com/shanghai/home.html

Oct 22nd, 2002, 03:48 AM
mike

Thanks for the reply, any other websites I want to have suggestions more on big local tour operators operating in shanghai and nearby cities.

Oct 22nd, 2002, 10:15 AM
Catherine

Mike,
I also am planning a trip the first week in November to Shanghai. Seems like we have the same questions. Feel free to send me any good tips you get.
Thanks,
Catherine

Oct 22nd, 2002, 02:02 PM
junebug

Hi Mike, I hope I can help a bit with this as I did the same trip last year. In Shanghai I stayed at the Shanghai Hotel, which was fine. Very comfy, reasonable rates, in the old French concession which is a nice neighborhood to stroll around in. In Hangzhou, see if you can get a room at the Shangri-La Hotel. It's a beautiful place, a gorgeous setting right on West Lake, really lovely. I've heard the food there is excellent. I don't know about Suzhou though. To be honest I was disappointed with Suzhou, for the most part all I saw was an ugly industrialized city with very little charm or tourist attractions. Honestly, I loved Shanghai and Hangzhou but I would not go back to Suzhou. The canals are supposed to be the big attraction there, so I took a boat ride and was just appalled at the filthy water, industrial pollution, crumbling shacks and ugly "junks" all along the route. Terribly depressing! I was amazed when the guide actually said Suzhou was considered the "Venice of China"! Anyway, have a great time, in Shanghai check out Nanjing Road for shopping and people-watching. Also be sure to go to the Shanghai Museum, really first-rate and excellent collection. Have a wonderful time, I wish I was going!