Shandhai/ Hong Kong/ tokio

Apr 9th, 2002, 08:13 AM
Raquel

Shandhai/ Hong Kong/ tokio

My boyfriend and I are planning to travel to Shanghai/Hong kong/tokio at the end of june for about 10 days. We are in our middle 30's and we would like to know your sugerences about:
1. how many days we should spend in each place?
2. Are the marriot's hotels good and wich one is the best located?
3. Places of interest in each city,
4. the weather during this time of the year.
Thanks,
Raquel

Apr 25th, 2002, 01:48 AM
jenny

I think 5 days should be enough for Hong Kong. After all, it's a rather small place. The Marriot Hotel is in Admiralty, above the Pacific Place (major up-market shopping centre) and Hong Kong Park. Location-wise, it's quite central.
If you love shopping, then go to Tsim Sha Tsui, Mong Kok, Central and Admiralty. The Peak is a must as the view from there is breath-taking. I quite like Stanley, in the Southern part of the Hong Kong Island. It has a market and some great restaurants there.
June in Hong Kong should be quite warm/hot and humid. Bring a thin jacket just in case as the shopping malls are all air-conditioned and can get quite cold.

Apr 25th, 2002, 02:11 AM
Florence

Bonjour Raquel,

China and Tokyo is a bit too much for only 10 days. I suggest you concentrate on China - plenty of great advice on this board.

Furthermore, Japan this June might well be in turmoil due to the soccer World-cup in process.

Apr 28th, 2002, 07:19 PM
McH

Raquel,

Definitely Japan will be quite crazy, full and probably even expensier than normal due to the World Cup (good luck Mexico!!)

I think 4 to 5 days in Shanghai and probably 3 in HK would be enough. Any way you could fly out from Beijing for the extra 3 days you have?

Good luck,

McH

Apr 28th, 2002, 07:25 PM
Peter N-H

I'm afraid neither the posting above, nor several others today posted around the same time (nor many earlier one-line posts), came from me
I'm sorry other readers and contributors to this site have to be bothered by this childishness.

Peter N-H
http://members.axion.net/~pnh/China.html