September, October in Thailand

Mar 5th, 2005, 08:48 AM
Original Poster

September, October in Thailand

We're planning Bangkok and Chaing Mai for late September - early October. How much rain can we expect? We know it's the rainy season, but we'd rather avoid the crowds in the high tourist season. Does it rain all day? Only a couple of hours? We went to Costa Rica during the rainy season and it was not a problem. Thanks for any information.
Mar 5th, 2005, 06:20 PM

My wife and I went to Bangkok and Chaing mai and Chaing Ri in Oct two yrs ago and had no weather problem or any problem what so ever. we ran aroud at nite in down town Chang mai and Bangkok and felt very safe.We did not go to southern part of country . People we met were very polite, you will have fun.
Mar 5th, 2005, 06:58 PM

I've been in September and it rained most days but spasmodically rather than all day. The rain itself was not so much the problem more the slight flooding from the buildup especially in some of the small sois. It seems you will be there on the tail end of it anyway so hopefully you will be ok. Have fun!
Mar 5th, 2005, 10:00 PM

You should be OK. Normally our rainy season finishes earlier than in Bangkok or the South.
Mar 6th, 2005, 04:34 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. You've been a big help. We're looking forward to Thailand!!