Search

Seoul in May with a 1 year old

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 2019, 01:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seoul in May with a 1 year old

Hi all,

I got cheap flights to Seoul for May so i booked them without much thought. Looking for some advice on things to check out whilst there. Ive been once but with friends in Hapjeong which was more about nightlife than tourism.

I have 9 days. I am going to rent an apartment in Myeongdong. We will take it slow and where possible return to the apartment so bub can have her afternoon nap. I dont want to go elsewhere in Korea, its too tough with a 1 year old. I've got the following things and areas in mind, looking for a few more ideas - even nice areas to walk around. We are a fit couple, happy to walk around with baby in stroller, like food, architecture, outdoors areas, street art.

2 days - Insadong, palaces, Myeongdong, Town Hall area, Hanok.
1 day - Gangnam
1 day - Hongdae area
1 day - War museum and local area
1 day - Lotte World.

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 4th, 2019, 06:22 PM
kja

Seoul can be lovely in May, and the people love children, so I'm sure you'll have some great experiences!

One place you might want to add to your stroll-through-the-

I doubt it will be much help, given that I was traveling solo, but you might want to take a look at my trip report -- it's long, but searchable; I visited Seoul at the beginning and end of a month-long trip.
4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
Old Aug 5th, 2019, 04:34 PM

Will you maybe be there early May? Koreans celebrate Children’s Day on May 5 (which is Sunday so they include Monday, May 6.). Your little one would garner a lot of attention⭐️
Old Aug 5th, 2019, 06:50 PM
Original Poster

We will be there on 5th May! Thats great news. I'll read into what that is all about. Thanks.

I also read that Lotus Lantern festival will be on, which sounds like another bonus.
Old Aug 5th, 2019, 07:03 PM
kja

Both events can be wonderful, but do, please, think about where you want to be for the Lotus Lantern Festival (part of the Dharma celebration) -- some places will be mobbed. See post # 24 of the TR linked in above.
Old Aug 14th, 2019, 11:36 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kja
Both events can be wonderful, but do, please, think about where you want to be for the Lotus Lantern Festival (part of the Dharma celebration) -- some places will be mobbed. See post # 24 of the TR linked in above.
Thanks, it seems we actually miss it next year We ave an apartment to escape to if needed.