Sapporo in November

Search

Sapporo in November

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1st, 2016, 03:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sapporo in November

Hello, I am taking my second trip to Japan this November.

Having visited Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Takayama, Kanazawa, Mutsomoto and Nara last time, I am looking at a few new places to see.

My wife is very keen on Sapporo. We are not skiers but we do enjoy cold weather holidays as we come from a hot country and this weather is novel to us. I am wondering whether people have been to Sapporo in late November in recent years and whether there was plenty happening at the time of if the city goes into hibernation. Also interest to hear if people experienced snow or got rained out. The trip to Sapporo will cost us more, but we can live with that if we have a good time. Reasons for wanting to go there include Local cuisine, Sapporo illumination, Xmas Markets, a look at a different side of Japan, the winter Olympic ski jump site and Otaru which sounds beautiful.

FWIW we'll also be visiting Tokyo, Nikko, Hakone and Kawaguchiko this trip.

Ive tried to read up about this, I suppose my main worry is that it wont snow and rather will rain the entire time, which can dampen even the most enthusiastic traveler. Anyone with personal experience Id love to hear from you.
Old Jun 2nd, 2016, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm.

Dunno if you're going to be early for the illumination and Xmas markets and snow fun. Probably depends upon what part of November - if the first half of the month, you're dealing with autumn.

But check japan-guide.com for starters - this advice applies to anyone wanting to go to Japan (including self).